Linux programmers opposed to new Code of Conduct threaten to pull code from project

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
manyroads

Re: Linux programmers opposed to new Code of Conduct threaten to pull code from project

#21 Post by manyroads »

Stallman published his thoughts... see:

https://www.itwire.com/open-source/8468 ... llman.html

edit: and this is also interesting

https://www.itwire.com/open-sauce/84659 ... -code.html
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

uncle mark

Re: Linux programmers opposed to new Code of Conduct threaten to pull code from project

#22 Post by uncle mark »

Mauser wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:50 pm
anticapitalista wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Mauser wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:34 pm I guess you never heard of Fake News.
Can you prove it is fake?
Can you prove it's not Fake?
Okay, now it's getting political.
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

richb
Administrator

#23 Post by richb »

I am monitoring. Let it not get out of hand.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

KBD

#24 Post by KBD »

I'd be more concerned that the SJW's will push older experienced coders out from working on the kernel in the future. From an outsider looking in that appears exactly what they are doing to Linus. He isn't 'politically correct' when he melts a few snowflakes with his harsh talk. I fear for the future when I think how weak and maudlin these babies are. They better stay away from the military and any job where someone is going to tell them to get their ____ together. Even in high school I had teachers who told me as much and I respected them for it. Linus' only concern was the kernel being correct. We don't need a conduct code, we need people to toughen up or life will eat them alive. My two cents for what it's worth.

Adrian
Developer

#25 Post by Adrian »

uncle mark wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Mauser wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:50 pm
anticapitalista wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Can you prove it is fake?
Can you prove it's not Fake?
Okay, now it's getting political.
It got political as soon as Mauser mentioned SJWs...

KBD

#26 Post by KBD »

Isn't the problem that politics IS being forced into the Linux kernel? Aren't people trying to control the behavior and beliefs of others instead of just keeping politics out of kernel development? Politics should be left out of it and it isn't :(

oops

#27 Post by oops »

Adrian wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 pm ...It got political as soon as Mauser mentioned SJWs...
It seems very subjective in fact, and also depends of the conjoncture, SJW is only part of JW and both are politicals in that case.
A French Philosopher said:
"Instead of doing what was right was strong, we did that what was strong was right" (Blaise Pascal 1623-1662).
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

richb
Administrator

#28 Post by richb »

And politics should be kept out of this Forum in any form.
Thread closed.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “General”