TIL MX Linux has a sub-reddit

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
KBD

TIL MX Linux has a sub-reddit

#1 Post by KBD »

fehlix
Developer

Re: TIL MX Linux has a sub-reddit

#2 Post by fehlix »

KBD wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:31 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/MXLinux/
Cool. Hmm ... but who answers now the questions they might have...
Look at the first one of the first post: something like: Q: How to install tor-browser?
I would answer, like: Just install through MXPI ( MX package Installer ) ;)
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Known item. BeCheck out our social media page linked off the MX home page (Follow us).
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

KBD

#4 Post by KBD »

I'm subscribed to several subreddits. I was looking at a Linux subreddit and saw MX listed on the side. First time I had heard of MX subbreddit. But cool to find it.

fasterfaster

#5 Post by fasterfaster »

Yeah, it needs some lovin! It's a great place for Q&A and general discussion. Remember, people who are curious about MX will see it, along with people who have vast knowledge of Linux.

So, what are you waitin' for? :anicat: Join up!

Edit: oops, sorry for posting to an old thread, I should've looked for the last post's date. Oh, and in case you prefer the OLD Reddit design (I do!), click here.

Adrian
Developer

#6 Post by Adrian »

I see we have about 750 readers there, that's not bad for a relatively new subreddit, if we up the active presence we can get this rolling and make it a good resource for people who don't necessarily come to forum.

fasterfaster

#7 Post by fasterfaster »

Adrian wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:59 pm if we up the active presence we can get this rolling and make it a good resource for people who don't necessarily come to forum.
Indeed! And, have you thought about adding the link to this Reddit section for the "Alternative User Forums" section on the MXLinux Distrowatch page? (If it's allowed)

Edit: I see Bodhi Linux added it as their alt forums. With as many eyes reaching MX @ Distrowatch, I'm sure we'll see a surge of users! Please consider it.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#8 Post by Jerry3904 »

If we did, we would add Facebook as well, which has about 2,000 members.

We'll think about it, thanks for the ask.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Grey_2NE1

#9 Post by Grey_2NE1 »

I discovered MX through that sub just a few months ago, browsing for possible Linux distributions (I'm about to change from the soon-to-be-discontinued win 7)

Reddit is full of user candidates
- Personally a bad win 7 update experience (3 hours of hard work at the keyboard is not fun for a non-techie) yesterday made me watch Christopher Barnatts youtube channel 'Explaining Computers' (HIGHLY recommended!)
- In one hour I went from never having keyboard time with a .nix system (and never having created a bootable USB) to booting up the demo account of version 18.3 on my (non-net connected) test computer.
- I liked what I saw; this is so easy for windows users, that I am going to stick with it... The MX out-of-the-box-experience is as good as win 7, and it's faster...
Computers is not my hobby, but I have used them as a daily tool since the mid 1980's so I know what I want.

On reddit most users are younger (!) and less minded for manual reading than my generation, so the easy transition is a great selling point.

fasterfaster

#10 Post by fasterfaster »

Grey_2NE1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:28 am I discovered MX through that sub just a few months ago, browsing for possible Linux distributions
Excellent! I'm glad to hear of it, and welcome!

Return to “General”