what was the first linux distro you used

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Be OK

Re: what was the first linux distro you used

#81 Post by Be OK »

Long ago Corel linux :) then mandrake as the stopped ubuntu then MXlinux.

piperdan

#82 Post by piperdan »

Technically, Knoppix....at the advice of a Geek Squad dude to recover my stuff from a Windows 98 home desktop that had crashed. First one I installed right after that was Mandrake from the box set I bought from Best Buy. I don't remember the exact year, but it was a long time ago.

anticapitalista
Developer

#83 Post by anticapitalista »

Slax - around about 2003 and then a beta of Mepis a week or so later.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Redacted

#84 Post by Redacted »

piperdan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:03 pm Knoppix..... I don't remember the exact year, but it was a long time ago.
First time I started it way back then and heard: "Initiating startup sequence", I knew that Linux was cool.

frank392

#85 Post by frank392 »

Suse Linux 7.3

sleekmason

#86 Post by sleekmason »

CentOS back in 2006-07? Out of the back of a Linux magazine. Suse a week or two later.

Return to “General”