only a little note

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
wiko

only a little note

#1 Post by wiko »

DO NOT ALLOW THE FORUM TO BECOME TOXIC
one of the main causes for some to abandon the use of free software - just a note of interest to take into account; at the moment i dont see yet nothing negative here in mxlinux forum and i wait this will be clean in the future ...greetings ( try to see the link )
**EDIT**Link to video removed by Moderator...please keep it civil
updating: The people who demand my respect and kind treatment are not toxic are very intelligent so that depends on what is "demanded" and maybe I do not express myself well. English is not my first language, what I meant is that the members of the forum including me, should be vigilant of inappropriate behavior of participants. Precisely to keep the site friendly to the participants. It is only one observation. I have personally abandoned other distros and believe that others have done so simply because of that detail. And of this, there is plenty of documentation. But that is another subject. The important thing is that the participating members do NOT attack each other for simple opinions and to maintain a friendly discussion aimed at solving problems. Is not that the purpose of the forum?
Last edited by wiko on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gordon Cooper

Re: only a little note

#2 Post by Gordon Cooper »

A lack of toxicity is one of the very good features of the MX LInux forum. It has a set of rules and a group of alert moderators who are quick to apply the veto to
offending posts, and if necessary, to black-list repeat offenders.

Gordon.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

KBD

#3 Post by KBD »

MX and previously MEPIS forum has been the best Linux forum with most chill people I've ever been on from the start :)

k_sz

#4 Post by k_sz »

!@$0_o£?!? OP, the following answer consideres you as this video's creator, so i'll use "you".
Distro wrote:The Linux community is toxic
Dude, you're working to be part of what you figure to be a so-called 'Linux community".
I could resume one of the potential answers/the best aswser with "KTHXBYE".
The purpose of this video has been discussed since +/- 3 decades and well, "RTFM" rule has been the best first answer so far in every PC-user world (even for Apple/MS OS users. Yes). This doesn't avoid the beginner of asking for a more accurate answer, anyway, as it doesn't avoid the more advanced user to share his knowledge.
Distro wrote:Common sense
? Really ? Does it really exist out of your wettest metaguru dreams ?
Don't even argue with "contributing thanks to videos like mine" : your video is a hole full of duplicity, the way you're building your speech is just another cult-like logorreah elaborated on making the reader/spectator ashamed.
FU, pseudoguru ! learn how to guide your users,make them man your_graal and post their questions on the most accurate ng, irc, forum, etc. even Twitter, ffs !
Hilarious video ? Desperating video ? I don't know what you're feeling. But this is the umpteenth time i read/hear/watch this very screed. Just webdie, you and your overgrowned cybernavel. Or relearn how to communicate.
Anyway : you, Distro(tube), are the toxic part.
KBD wrote:MX and previously MEPIS forum has been the best Linux forum with most chill people I've ever been on from the start :)
Agreed ^^ but right now, after watching that, i'm gonna postpone my chill xD
Last edited by k_sz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

Paul..

#5 Post by Paul.. »

Moderator speaking: Please chill, k_sz...personal attacks will not be tolerated here...the next step will be an official warning.

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

k_sz

#6 Post by k_sz »

Paul.. wrote:Moderator speaking: Please chill, k_sz...personal attacks will not be tolerated here...the next step will be an official warning.
Agreed Paul - but this video is so full of *pfeew* !
PS : my grey beard is longer than your moustache xD
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

Paul..

#7 Post by Paul.. »

The video link has been removed.

Adrian
Developer

#8 Post by Adrian »

In my experience the toxic people are the ones who expect/demand things from other people.

Paul..

#9 Post by Paul.. »

I can't argue with that, Adrian!!

k_sz

#10 Post by k_sz »

Paul.. wrote:The video link has been removed.
TY Paul !
Adrian wrote:In my experience the toxic people are the ones who expect/demand things from other people.
IMHO it always depends on the way you ask (providing preliminary researches).

Return to “General”