xfce 4.14 released

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
rich

xfce 4.14 released

#1 Post by rich »

manyroads

Re: xfce 4.14 released

#2 Post by manyroads »

Good news... a long time in coming.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Buck Fankers

#3 Post by Buck Fankers »

rich wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 pm xfce 4.14 has been released
Great news, new Debian, new XFCE, soon new MX :grin:

https://www.xfce.org/about/news/?post=1565568000
As always it's also time to say goodbye to some older unmaintained or deprecated projects. (Luckily our projects only go to the attic aka the archive on git.xfce.org when they die.) With a salty teardrop of sadness we bid farewell to:

... thunar-actions-plugin, ...
I hope this does not mean, that Thunar Custom Actions are gone? :scared: :frown:
Also, looks like, Thunar didn't get 'two panel view', the only thing I'm missing in Thunar :sad:

dmrome

#4 Post by dmrome »

So ... new XFCE ... I am new here and wondering how will the new XFCE version be available on MX?
Will it just show up on the software update list when you run 'check for updates'?
No clue. :)

Artim

#5 Post by Artim »

It'll appear in the Test Repos first, then work it's way to the regular repos.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#6 Post by Jerry3904 »

We're not sure ATM whether it would be compatible and will be checking that out. As soon as we know, you will know.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

asqwerth
Developer

#7 Post by asqwerth »

It'll come with mx19 based on Debian Buster, which is being worked on as we speak.

As Jerry said, compatibility with mx18 (Stretch) is still being checked on.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

skidoo

#8 Post by skidoo »

https://www.xfce.org/about/news/?post=1565568000

As always it's also time to say goodbye to some older unmaintained or deprecated projects. (Luckily our projects only go to the attic aka the archive on git.xfce.org when they die.) With a salty teardrop of sadness we bid farewell to:

... thunar-actions-plugin, ...
I hope this does not mean, that Thunar Custom Actions are gone? :scared: :frown:
The dropped plugin is this a decade-idle plugin which looked like this (screenshot)

The user custom actions plugin (aka plugin-uca) is intact

Buck Fankers

#9 Post by Buck Fankers »

skidoo wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 am
The dropped plugin is this a decade-idle plugin which looked like this (screenshot)
Ahh, great, (phew!) thanks :happy:

danielson

#10 Post by danielson »

Read somewhere screen tearing will be a thing of the past, yay!

Return to “General”