Debian Facts...

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
manyroads

Debian Facts...

#1 Post by manyroads »

Just in case you missed this article, here are some Debian 'fun facts'....
(moderators I searched and did not find this mentioned. feel free to remove this if it is a duplicate). :lipsrsealed:

https://itsfoss.com/debian-facts/
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

oops

Re: Debian Facts...

#2 Post by oops »

Hi manyroads,
It's funny, DEBIAN is Deb (Debra)+Ian , I did not know this love story ;-)
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

manyroads

#3 Post by manyroads »

@oops... and they say Geeks aren't romantic... ;)
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

rasat

#4 Post by rasat »

Debian releases are codenamed after Toy Story characters, and unstable Debian version is codenamed Sid. This character in Toy Story is a kid with emotional problems and he enjoys breaking toys... :)))) ... fantastic.

KBD

#5 Post by KBD »

I like pretty much everything about Debian. Debian/MX is my default-go-to Linux distro. I began with it in 2011 and it has proved excellent throughout the years. 25 years old this year and going strong. Happy belated birthday Debian!

oops

#6 Post by oops »

@manyroads... "...and they say Geeks aren't romantic... ;)"
... Are romantics and prolifics with at least two nice and strong childrens, MX and Antix :liftweight:
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Bamber

#7 Post by Bamber »

Debra and Ian got divorced in 2008
Oh dear :frown:

cyrilus31

#8 Post by cyrilus31 »

Not a contest, but I find that
Ian committed suicide in December 2015
is even more tragic :bawling:

Return to “General”