MX Linux just hit 2nd place on Distrowatch ...

Here you can post about what you did to get MX to work right with your computer or if hardware worked right out of the box for you. This is for the computers and/or hardware that is normally hard to get working right in Linux or MX.
Eggnog

MX Linux just hit 2nd place on Distrowatch ...

#1 Post by Eggnog »

... in the 6 months data span. Yeah, it doesn't mean all that much because it just measures page hits, but the comments in the MX section are really good as well. The distro is good, people are looking at it and commenting favorably. All is well.

handy

Re: MX Linux just hit 2nd place on Distrowatch ...

#2 Post by handy »

I love it. A non-systemd init distro, that will likely end up taking first place away from Manjaro on Distrowatch... :)
1_MSI: MAG B560 TORP', i5, RAM 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti 12GB, M2 238GB + USB, MX-23 Fb to Openbox
2_Lenovo: Ideapad 520S, i5, RAM 8GB, GPU i620, HDD 1TB, MX-21 - Openbox
3_Clevo: P150SM-A, i7, RAM 16GB, nVidia 8600, 2x 1TB HDD & M.2 256 GB, MX-21 - Openbox

Mauser

#3 Post by Mauser »

Eggnog wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:46 pm ... in the 6 months data span. Yeah, it doesn't mean all that much because it just measures page hits, but the comments in the MX section are really good as well. The distro is good, people are looking at it and commenting favorably. All is well.
It does for those who don't know that Distrowatch counts page hits which are most new to Linux.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Mauser

#4 Post by Mauser »

handy wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 pm I love it. A non-systemd init distro, that will likely end up taking first place away from Manjaro on Distrowatch... :)
I can't wait till it does. :p
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Eggnog

#5 Post by Eggnog »

handy wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 pm I love it. A non-systemd init distro, that will likely end up taking first place away from Manjaro on Distrowatch... :)
It would be wonderful, but that's a long road ahead. You never know, though. MX is getting a lot of good coverage. People just have to try it, and they're hooked.

handy

#6 Post by handy »

Even though I said "that", I really don't think that it is necessarily a good thing to become #1. Fame often brings more trouble than its worth.
1_MSI: MAG B560 TORP', i5, RAM 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti 12GB, M2 238GB + USB, MX-23 Fb to Openbox
2_Lenovo: Ideapad 520S, i5, RAM 8GB, GPU i620, HDD 1TB, MX-21 - Openbox
3_Clevo: P150SM-A, i7, RAM 16GB, nVidia 8600, 2x 1TB HDD & M.2 256 GB, MX-21 - Openbox

asqwerth
Developer

#7 Post by asqwerth »

handy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:15 am Even though I said "that", I really don't think that it is necessarily a good thing to become #1. Fame often brings more trouble than its worth.
I second that.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

manyroads

#8 Post by manyroads »

I worry less about the distro performance from those lofty heights than I do what happens to the forums. I personally felt a severe degradation in manners, care, and technical savvy on the manjaro forums as the distro attracted 'notoriety'.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

richb
Administrator

#9 Post by richb »

manyroads wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am I worry less about the distro performance from those lofty heights than I do what happens to the forums. I personally felt a severe degradation in manners, care, and technical savvy on the manjaro forums as the distro attracted 'notoriety'.
Users with less technical savvy is expected and the Forum is here for them. But i have also noticed that those with more technical savvy have also joined the Forum recently. And that is a plus for MX.

We will be vigilant regarding manners and compliance to Forum Rules.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

manyroads

#10 Post by manyroads »

You are a good man @richb. I appreciate your efforts in keeping us 'honest'.

Happy New Year! :celebrate:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “Success Stories”