MX Linux just hit 2nd place on Distrowatch ...

Here you can post about what you did to get MX to work right with your computer or if hardware worked right out of the box for you. This is for the computers and/or hardware that is normally hard to get working right in Linux or MX.
richb
Administrator

Re: MX Linux just hit 2nd place on Distrowatch ...

#11 Post by richb »

manyroads wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:39 am You are a good man @richb. I appreciate your efforts in keeping us 'honest'.

Happy New Year! :celebrate:
Thank you! And the efforts of the other mods that sometimes go unnoticed. Utopia is on every morning, (my time), checking new users, ensuring that they are not spammers who got through the registration process. And we have heard from Eadwine more than once, :happy: Check out the Mod Team by clicking on Global Moderators at the bottom of the Index page.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

manyroads

#12 Post by manyroads »

@richb... I certainly agree. I was remiss in not mentioning the whole team. :frown:
Great job everyone. :worship:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

mystic

#13 Post by mystic »

handy wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 pm I love it. A non-systemd init distro, that will likely end up taking first place away from Manjaro on Distrowatch... :)
This shows that there is a great demand for non-systemd distros in the linux community that's very user friendly and Debian based. :number1:

anticapitalista
Developer

#14 Post by anticapitalista »

Well deserved congratulations to MX.

All down to hard work by the whole team - from devs to packagers to testers - to translators - to forum moderators etc etc.

BTW - Some may be unaware - MX does not advertise itself as non-systemd (since it isn't non-systemd, or systemd-free unlike antiX). It advertises as not running systemd as default.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Eggnog

#15 Post by Eggnog »

Not running systemd as default, but having it there and allowing users to switch to it upon boot, is a huge plus for MX. It's all about choice and making that choice as easy and accessible as possible.

mystic

#16 Post by mystic »

Next release of MX could become # 1 because of

Xfce 4.14
Debian 10
and Linux Kernel 5

Return to “Success Stories”