Custom Snapshot Installer Missing

brolly

Custom Snapshot Installer Missing

#1 Post by brolly »

Hi guys

Ive built a custom Antix 19 system. Everything functions well. I created a custom snapshot and all seemed to go well. I tested to ISO in a tual machine. Once again all went well. It's only when the desktop loaded I realised that there was no installer shortcut on the desktop or anywhere in the menu. Type of snapshot "Preserving Accounts (for personal backup). I did not edit the configuration file or exclude directories. Last line of the config file (; Force the installation of the installer if it doesn't exist
force_installer=true). Is it a known Antix 19 bug or am i missing something? Thanks in advance.

Huckleberry Finn

Re: Custom Snapshot Installer Missing

#2 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

Hi Brolly, same here for MX (always) . Just in Terminal: sudo -E /usr/sbin/minstall

(Can be without -E also. But since this is for MX, the minstall name may be different for antiX , so just have a look in that directory..)

anticapitalista
Developer

#3 Post by anticapitalista »

Do note that antiX19 is in beta development and is NOT ready for prime time.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

brolly

#4 Post by brolly »

I've figured it out. i went to the Antix Control Center. on the left of that window there is a "Live" option. You will find the installer there. It worked well

brolly

#5 Post by brolly »

anticapitalista wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:05 am Do note that antiX19 is in beta development and is NOT ready for prime time.
It's worked well so far. the Only issues i faced were installing Virtualbox (which i believe does not support buster yet), and Tor Browser Bundle ( I'm still trying to figure out a method that works). As much as Antix 19 is in Beta. It's been fairly stable considering how heavy handed i can be at times :number1:

anticapitalista
Developer

#6 Post by anticapitalista »

OK. But, don't be surprised if any upgrades breaks what you have.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

brolly

#7 Post by brolly »

anticapitalista wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:20 am OK. But, don't be surprised if any upgrades breaks what you have.
So far so good. i hpe nothing bad happens. At i've created a snapshot in case of an unforseen disaster. There was an upgrade today and surprisingly the tor browser bundle and virtualbox 6.0.8 popped up in the repos. mission accomplished

Return to “antiX”