[SOLVED] wifi hardware switch off

tremara

[SOLVED] wifi hardware switch off

#1 Post by tremara »

Hi, I have just started using Antix and it has been great so far....I am setting it up for an elderly friend so I need it to work seamlessly as he has no tech ability....My minor problem is with the wifi. I set it up and connected ok and set it to autoconnect.....It does not connect automatically but I can connect through control centre....When I use the network assistant it shows the wifi network but it says "Hardware switch is off" I guess this is why it does not connect automatically....There is a switch but it is definitely on ...(I would not be able to connect manually) ...I checked rfkill list and it shows no hardware block or software block...The laptop is an older Asus the wifi is intel pro/wireless 3945ABG...Thanks all.......
Last edited by tremara on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

caprea

Re: wifi hardware switch off

#2 Post by caprea »

If you are using wicd , you have to enable the wicd daemon during start-up. Easy solution here

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic ... post-18143

tremara

#3 Post by tremara »

Thanks all good....... ;)

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#4 Post by JayM »

Glad it's working now. Please edit your original post (the pencil icon) and add [SOLVED] to the subject. This makes it easier for others who are searching the forum for solutions to the same problem. Thanks.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Return to “antiX”