[SOLVED] Change DNS server

Klaas Vaak

[SOLVED] Change DNS server

#1 Post by Klaas Vaak »

How can I change the DNS servers on antiX 17?
Last edited by Klaas Vaak on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

anticapitalista
Developer

Re: Change DNS server

#2 Post by anticapitalista »

/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Klaas Vaak

#3 Post by Klaas Vaak »

anticapitalista wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:01 am /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my late reply.
I opened that file, but in the red text with settings did not see a server I recognised as the current server (i.e. ISP's).

I assume I have no add 1 or 2 new lines to override whatever it currently uses. Can you tell me what to add and where?

towwire

#4 Post by towwire »

I don't know about antiX but on MX it's 'Network Connections' Program under the IPv4 settings tab there is a place for DNS servers. You maybe able to bring it up by right clicking you network icon and Edit Connections. At least it something to look for.
It is easier to fight for one's principles then to live up to them.

Klaas Vaak

#5 Post by Klaas Vaak »

towwire wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:16 am I don't know about antiX but on MX it's 'Network Connections' Program under the IPv4 settings tab there is a place for DNS servers. You maybe able to bring it up by right clicking you network icon and Edit Connections. At least it something to look for.
Thanks for jumping in, Towwire.
Yes, I tried that because my other computer runs on Mint, and that's how Mint has it configured too; Mint advises againt editing the .conf file, so I was nervous about anticapitalista's recommendation, although I did look at the file and there was no warning.

Anyway, antiX has a slightly different configuration from Mint. You triggered me to look again. On antiX I am using Wicd and if you click on the properties button of your network the relevant boxes are displayed.

Return to “antiX”