EXPKEYSIG error and fix

fehlix
Developer

Re: EXPKEYSIG error and fix

#31 Post by fehlix »

MX-16_fan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:18 pm Thanks for the explanation. Appears to me that this might be a valuable piece of information for the FAQ / Wiki / User Manual as well. Greetings, and have a nice week, Joe
Yes, and probably needs to be a bit "end-user" tweaked also to make it even a bit simpler re the verification process for those "emergency" download fixes. But anyway, good you raised that point... I'm on the gpg usage "simplification" process for the Wiki anyway ... let's see whether I can scribble down so,e stuff "un-encrypted"
:puppy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: EXPKEYSIG error and fix

#32 Post by JayM »

fehlix wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 am
anticapitalista wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 am 3 steps, in a terminal
Or with one liner ;=):

Code: Select all

sudo -v ; wget 'https://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/releases/antix-archive-keyring.asc' -O- | sudo apt-key add - ; sudo apt-get update
:puppy:
Can this post be made a sticky at the top of the MX Help forum, or added to Tips&Tricks, or both? This issue is coming up frequently, whenever anyone's just installed MX/antiX and is trying to let the update manager do its thing and run the initial post-installation updates.

Thanks. (And thanks, anticapitalista for the solution and fehlix for making it easier to implement!)
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Return to “antiX”