(solved)live-usb-maker does not work for me

caprea

Re: live-usb-maker does not work for me

#21 Post by caprea »

OK. felix, I just read your post will go on trying, later.

caprea

Re: live-usb-maker does not work for me

#22 Post by caprea »

Oh my, this is true, felix.
OK, this is somehow funny. I just wanted to spare my sticks from describing continuous.From the very beginning I had a weird relationship to the dry run, but then I used it all the time.
Thanks for looking at this. (it really would be better if the dry run wouldn't throw errors, if not needed or would not be there)
Keep the good work going !

Gerson

Re: (solved)live-usb-maker does not work for me

#23 Post by Gerson »

@fehlix
I installed Mintstick from the test repository and then I made a bootable USB with an ISO of MX, it does it fast like Rufus but when starting it does not start, I will have to continue making my USB with Rufus from Windows although I do not like it.
The idea is to help people, especially newcomers, to use GNU / Linux tools, for example; Rufus is simple, just choose the ISO, then the type (MBR or GPT) and the destination USB and in less than two minutes you already have a working USB to install MX.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

richb
Administrator

#24 Post by richb »

Gerson wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:48 am @fehlix
I installed Mintstick from the test repository and then I made a bootable USB with an ISO of MX, it does it fast like Rufus but when starting it does not start, I will have to continue making my USB with Rufus from Windows although I do not like it.
The idea is to help people, especially newcomers, to use GNU / Linux tools, for example; Rufus is simple, just choose the ISO, then the type (MBR or GPT) and the destination USB and in less than two minutes you already have a working USB to install MX.
That is how the MX Live USB Maker tool works for me, USB stick shows by default, click iso, click next and two minutes later a bootable USB. So I wonder how many do have issues with it.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Gerson

#25 Post by Gerson »

@richb:
I made as proposed, the USB formatted with fat32, I tried 3 different ones and that is the result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richb
Administrator

#26 Post by richb »

I do not doubt you are having an issue. Something in your system is apparently causing this. I was just wondering how widespread it is.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Gerson

#27 Post by Gerson »

I do not know what it could be. I have done clean installations from scratch but when I need to make a USB to boot on another computer it does not work for me from MX; I always have to go to Rufus.
If I do it with "dd" this is the result:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asqwerth
Developer

#28 Post by asqwerth »

Is there some issue with the creation of partition table?

For a re-used USB stick, I always start by using Gparted to delete all partitions and re-write the partition table (for me, I use ms-dos setting) and then create a partition 1 that is formatted as fat32.

I find that wipes the stick better, then I use dd, whether from the terminal or via the MX tool.

But it's not something I do often admittedly, as I often simply copy the iso file to a multiboot stick created with Easy2Boot, which to me seems really easy. Not formatting. It's just a copy operation using Thunar File Manager.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

anticapitalista
Developer

#29 Post by anticapitalista »

I wonder if the issue is related to translation.

I'll try with Spanish
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

anticapitalista
Developer

#30 Post by anticapitalista »

Well it completed with success when using Spanish gui (on antiX, but the code is the same)
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Return to “antiX”