<SOLVED> Logging into Antix forums

greywolf

<SOLVED> Logging into Antix forums

#1 Post by greywolf »

Just been trying to log into Antix forums again and failing. The problem I have is with those poky images for "robot" checking!

I am of "aging" years with poor eyesight and, seriously, I can't make out half the detail in those photos. They are too small and unclear. I simply give up out of frustration after a while.

Can I please implore you to use a different method for checking, text based perhaps. It's been quite a while since I have been able to check in over there and I miss it?! :frown:

greywolf.
Last edited by greywolf on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is about the Dragons - it was always about the Dragons!

Gordon Cooper

Re: Logging into Antix forums

#2 Post by Gordon Cooper »

I certainly support greywolf's comments about the photos. The detail in them is terrible and it usually takes me several attempts to prove that I am not a robot.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

KoO

#3 Post by KoO »

I 3rd this so over robot checking myself. I have closed accounts an stopped donating or buy stuff from web sites that use this method of logging in. And if Antix keeps using robot checking you can close this account as well..
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

male

#4 Post by male »

My full support for all three contributions.

I have already started with the introduction of the new forum software from antiX, i've said it many times that I find this xxxxxxx. Worldwide it is the most impossible.

Because I can't cope with it either, I simply ignore it. :lion:

FungalNet

#5 Post by FungalNet »

Although I too have aging eyesight and the inherent hardheadedness to refuse wearing glasses, I too have problems with those cloud entry "no-robot" screenings. But the issue is not really images that are unclear but that the gatekeeper is using the "robot" excuse to enforce that the user/visitor is enabling scripts to pass through the gate. Therefore the gatekeeper (not antix or any "customer" in particular, but the service/server provider being the host) can run scripts revealing identities and connections among other things. All this with the widely acceptable excuse of "robot" screening.

I think we need to, it is time that it becomes imperative to, take a step back and look at "changes" in a more global and wide perspective than form complains of the indirect small occurrences. We have a mozilla that is codriving dependence on a single source of audio software for linux, we have LinusTro accepting to incorporate NSA's proposed encryption (shoe-horned in by NSA's little private puppet Google) for the internet of things into the kernel, we have alternative browsers such as Palemoon "discouraging" the use of NoScript without substantial explanation on why, we have Mozilla again dictating that all plugins (not really made by them) be used only by firefox, not forks of it (they have the right and own their servers, but still you have fools classifying their crappy software as free and open when they insult all principles of free and open gnu-culture)..... I am running out of breath and haven't even started listing. Note that I have yet not mentioned words such as systemd, well, pulseaudio maybe, but you get the corporate intelligence agencies' picture I am painting.

So in defense of antix, one of the very very few distros that published a >/=4.17 kernel with spec omitted, I believe we should take a wider perspective look on what is and has been going on in digital systems and networks. You can have a machine with absolute libre-free-open-source-compiled system running off of a truck battery and disconnected from the grid, but once you "choose" to connect, you might as well be running windows 10 with no firewall.

I hope you get my drift with my lengthy rant so it doesn't have to become much longer.

anticapitalista
Developer

#6 Post by anticapitalista »

I will happily remove the captcha over at the antiX forum if I get some volunteers to help with removing spammers. With the captcha on, I have had only 1 spammer get through. With it off, I get over 50 a day.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

anticapitalista
Developer

#7 Post by anticapitalista »

I switched of captcha for logging in. Let me know how it works.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

skidoo

#8 Post by skidoo »

a related longstanding issue:
For anyone with browser settings (or HOSTS file) configured to block google.com connections, the antixforum site search is unusable.
I can't make out half the detail in those photos.
Here's a TIP for easier viewing (not specific to dealing with captcha images):

pressing Ctrl+plussign will rescale, englarge, the content of the web page.
Pressing multiple times will repeatedly increase the magnification level; pressing Ctrl+minussign will progressively reduce the displayed size.

male

#9 Post by male »

anticapitalista wrote:I switched of captcha for logging in. Let me know how it works.
Browser palemoon

with default setting uBlock
with stored Cokie
no captcha seen when logging in

with release setting uBlock
with empty cache and cokie memory
no captcha seen when logging in

But these are not my problems (uploading of pictures; formatting of code-text and quote-text input and quite bad, no preview of written contributions).

Gordon Cooper

#10 Post by Gordon Cooper »

No captcha~! Thanks anti, it works for me.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Return to “antiX”