HELP ! Problem with boot

giorgio3364

HELP ! Problem with boot

#1 Post by giorgio3364 »

Help!

I installed AntiX full 17.1 on an Asus EeePc 1001 a few days ago. Everything went well, no problem. In these days I'm making post-installation customizations (nothing special, just some changes on the appearance, I'm a Linux novice ...). More precisely, a little while ago I uninstalled and reinstalled the firewall-Legacy Gufw (because it did not allow me to unlock it to activate it, and still did not work ...) and then I changed the desktop wallpaper. I did a reboot ... and ... Ooops .... the system does not charge anymore! The boot performs a part of the job, then stops and asks me for login credentials, as per the attached photo. If I enter the credentials, the command line of the terminal is displayed. Point. I'm completely stuck ... Does anyone have any idea what I can do, apart from reinstalling everything?
Thank you so much to anyone can help me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mauser

Re: HELP ! Problem with boot

#2 Post by Mauser »

Not really but you can do a partial re-install while reinstalling it but select use existing particains and save home folder which will re-install MX but all your data will be still there.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

giorgio3364

Re: HELP ! Problem with boot

#3 Post by giorgio3364 »

OK, tks Mauser. I will do a complete reinstallation, considering that the home is still completely empty.

Return to “antiX”