[Solved] Where is the location of the conky-default file?

handy

[Solved] Where is the location of the conky-default file?

#1 Post by handy »

I have been in the process of customising my antiX install & come upon a rather peculiar situation. I'm calling two conky scripts via the ~/.config/openbox/autostart file. They are both currently located in my ~/ , they are called conkyrc & conkyrc2 . They start up fine.

The interesting thing is that another conky is starting too. I believe that it is the conky-default file, that apparently some distros locate in /usr/share/doc/conky-... antiX has a /usr/share/doc/conky-legacy-all/ directory, but the conky-default file is not there.

If someone could give me the location, or better yet, a way to turn the thing off, I'll be forever in your debt. :)

By the way, I have no ~/.config/autostart/conky.desktop file enabled, nor an ~/.xinitrc , so I'm at a bit of a loss... :confused:
Last edited by handy on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1_MSI: MAG B560 TORP', i5, RAM 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti 12GB, M2 238GB + USB, MX-23 Fb to Openbox
2_Lenovo: Ideapad 520S, i5, RAM 8GB, GPU i620, HDD 1TB, MX-21 - Openbox
3_Clevo: P150SM-A, i7, RAM 16GB, nVidia 8600, 2x 1TB HDD & M.2 256 GB, MX-21 - Openbox

male

Re: Where is the location of the conky-default file?

#2 Post by male »

You can find out the path of the running Conky's e.g. with it:

Code: Select all

pgrep -a conky | cut -d ' ' -f2-
or

ps aux | grep conky

Your problem is probably in the file
~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf
search for the line

LOAD_CONKY="true"
comment them out or set them to "false".

handy

Re: Where is the location of the conky-default file?

#3 Post by handy »

@male, thanks so much for your most excellent reply. :D

I went straight for the ~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf & changed the true to a false, logged out/in & the offending conky was gone!

I had never struck this ~/desktop-session directory before, so I hadn't thought to look there. I know now.

I always use Openbox, & I usually don't use a session manager (never use hibernate & the like either), so that may be why I'm unfamiliar with such?

Thanks again. ;)
1_MSI: MAG B560 TORP', i5, RAM 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti 12GB, M2 238GB + USB, MX-23 Fb to Openbox
2_Lenovo: Ideapad 520S, i5, RAM 8GB, GPU i620, HDD 1TB, MX-21 - Openbox
3_Clevo: P150SM-A, i7, RAM 16GB, nVidia 8600, 2x 1TB HDD & M.2 256 GB, MX-21 - Openbox

Return to “antiX”