why is my clock two hours ahead?

lonesomepoint

why is my clock two hours ahead?

#1 Post by lonesomepoint »

The last several times I've installed Antix, I've noticed the clock is two hours ahead, even after I've made sure I set the correct time zone in the installer. This is a problem because I use XFCE and it doesn't offer an obvious method of adjusting the clock that displays in the panel, and I'm still learning to adjust the clock with a terminal command. I've never learned to change a clock because I never had to--the installer was setting it correctly until now.

Is it because I don't click "Clock is set to LOCAL" in the Antix installer? I never needed to before, and don't know what that means.

Malanrich

Re: why is my clock two hours ahead?

#2 Post by Malanrich »

Sounds like your hardware clock (in BIOS) got changed. If you used to use antiX but then switched to Windows and then switched back to antiX, your hardware clock will have been changed by the Windows boot. This will give you a different display of local time.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

This is a problem because I use XFCE and it doesn't offer an obvious method of adjusting the clock that displays in the panel
In MX-14: click on Start menu, type the first few letters of "time" into the space where the cursor is, and TimeSet will be highlighted at the top. If you installed Xfce on top of antiX yourself, then enter timeset in a terminal--and that is not an obvious method.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

lucky9

#4 Post by lucky9 »

You can also open a Terminal and su to root. Enter dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
Hit the Enter key and follow the directions. Not sure if you need to login/logout or reboot.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Return to “antiX”