antiX-14R-alpha2 available

BitJam
Developer

Re: antiX-14R-alpha2

#21 Post by BitJam »

jenom wrote:--Since you have asked my opinion: ICEWM is a 17 old Windows manager, although it is small and fast, it has no place in a cutting edge, based on latest debian "testing" 2014 linux distro. The others are even worse. (functionality + look)
Thanks. I wanted to get your opinion and you gave it.

james c

#22 Post by james c »

jenom wrote:--Since you have asked my opinion: ICEWM is a 17 old Windows manager, although it is small and fast, it has no place in a cutting edge, based on latest debian "testing" 2014 linux distro. The others are even worse. (functionality + look)
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Right now I have Sid installs with ICEWM, JWM ,Fluxbox and MATE......... I use what works.

megatotoro

#23 Post by megatotoro »

That depends on the specs of the equipment you want to use. The beauty of antiX is that it runs on very old hardware and flies on new machines.

jenom wrote:--I saw MATE and XFCE4 in a repo, but I think it would take lot more than a couple of clicks to actually make them work.
Did anyone managed to install successfully a new desktop manager, like XFCE4, LXDE, or MATE ?
I installed XFCE on my wife's netbook. My laptop's antiX runs LXDE, and I installed XFCE on my desktop. The installation of those DEs was simple, I must say, but customizing them to my liking took a bit more.

jdmeaux1952

#24 Post by jdmeaux1952 »

megatotoro wrote:... The installation of those DEs was simple, I must say, but customizing them to my liking took a bit more.
Even us guys have trouble making things look pretty. Well, pretty to us. But it is well worth the effort.
MSI S6000 i5-460M 4Gb mem
I am not CrAzY. And I have a paper from the doctors to prove it!
LRU# 563815
Phear the Penguin

Return to “antiX”