MX Linux 18.3 Continuum my #1 distro of choice!

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
CyberGhost

MX Linux 18.3 Continuum my #1 distro of choice!

#1 Post by CyberGhost »

Hi, I thought it was about time that I gave my own testimonial regarding MX Linux. I have been using both Windows and Linux off and on since the 90s. My first experience with Linux was Debian. Which was not very user friendly back then. My programmer friend was a big Linux enthusiast and was always trying to get me to convert from Windows to Linux but I was leary. My first Windows experience was Windows 95. Back then I was more into Windows cuz it seemed more user friendly to me and most of the computers I worked on ran Windows. So I stuck with Windows all the way up until Windows Vista which I hated. So I went back to Linux. I think at that time I was using Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Then came Windows 7 and i really liked it so I went back to Windows for a while cuz my games worked well on it and most of my customers had Windows 7 so it was familiar to me. Over the years Linux distros have really came a long way and are a lot more user friendly these days. So I would test many different distros out in Virtual Box on my Windows system trying to find one to my liking and that supported my hardware. I really liked Ubuntu MATE and Linux Mint but one of my computers was older and so Ubuntu, Mint, Lubuntu, and Xubuntu didn't run so well on it so I ran Puppy Linux on it until I discovered antiX linux. antiX breathed new life into my old desktop. Through the antiX community I discovered MX Linux. I've had several laptops and I always seemed to run into compatibility problems with each new distro I tried. And, some were really laggy and/or buggy. To date, I've tried Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Linux Lite, Linux Mint-Cinnamon, MATE and Xfce, LMDE, Manjaro, Antergos, GhostBSD, Fedora, CentOS, Puppy Linux, Bodhi Linux, Solus, just to name a few. With each one I ran into issues. But with MX Linux, everything runs smoothly. It's the most fastest, responsive, snappy, and resource efficient middleweight distro I've tested on my current laptop. I love it! And antiX is the best lightweight distro for older computers! I mean I know antiX can run on both old and new computers but I mainly like it for my older machines. Anyways thanks so much to the dev team for this wonderful distro! And many thanks to the forum admins and member group support, the nice detailed manual, the tutorial videos, and the wiki, which are all very valuable and much appreciated! Excellent work ya'll!
Last edited by CyberGhost on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sparky

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Continuum my #1 distro of choice!

#2 Post by Sparky »

Welcome aboard! I totally agree with you, after trying many distros, nothing comes close to MX!
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Great testimonial, CG! Thanks for posting it.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

anticapitalista
Developer

#4 Post by anticapitalista »

Jerry3904 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:51 pm Great testimonial, CG! Thanks for posting it.
Yep - thanks for the compliments.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Return to “Testimonials”