[Solved] configuring a flatpak as Preferred App  [Solved]

Here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MX. Do not ask for help in this Forum.
galaxysurfer

[Solved] configuring a flatpak as Preferred App  [Solved]

#1 Post by galaxysurfer »

I installed the latest flatpak version of Librewolf & reallly am liking it so far. Is there any way to make it the default browser? So far I haven't been able to adjust to settings to make it work. Is it possible?
I used sudo update-alternatives --install x-www-browser /usr/local/bin/flatpak run --branch=master --arch=x86_64 --command=librewolf --file-forwarding io.gitlab.librewolf-community @@u %u @@ as my starting point.
Last edited by galaxysurfer on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

galaxysurfer

Re: configuring a flatpak as Preferred App

#2 Post by galaxysurfer »

For those that are seeking a solution for this with Librewolf flatpak or other browsers installed this way for that matter ...

Here is what I altered in settings to configure this

Code: Select all

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser /var/lib/flatpak/app/io.gitlab.librewolf-community/x86_64/master/*xyz/export/bin/io.gitlab.librewolf-community 200
sudo update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /var/lib/flatpak/app/io.gitlab.librewolf-community/x86_64/master/*xyz/export/bin/io.gitlab.librewolf-community[/
*xyz will need to insert your actual linked export/bin/ location here

now check your settings in update-alternatives

Code: Select all

sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
to verify which browser is default. It will be the one with * beside it.

now go to Preferred Applications gui & point it at x-www-browser so librewolf will open ( or if you have multi profiles, the profile manager will open)

Return to “Tips & Tricks by users”