Fast news: @MX_Linux

The Forum is now on mxlinux.org and uses an encrypted (https) connection

Please read this Important information: Linux kernel exploit

• antiX-16, release info here -- watch the video. Torrents here
  • MX-15 (antiX MX), release info here: here. Monthly update/upgrade available here.
  • Older MX Linux releases available on the download page

New users
  • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!

No Sound in any program in WINE

Problems with your sound card are to be posted here, as well as tutorials to share with others.

#11 Postby BallsCapone » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Ohh yea one more thing, I found your link to your WINE build in the package sharing forum but its in .DEB format. I compiled and installed WINE last time manually from the source tar.gz archive I downloaded from the WINE site. Will the .deb file overwrite the currently installed version I manually installed? I just dont want any conflicts or crazyness. I know how to manually compile and install programs, but I dont know how to manually un-install programs.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#12 Postby kmathern » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm

BallsCapone wrote:Ok I did some checking and I have the libasound2 package installed but not the libasound2-dev package, could this be the whole problem? Funny, usually if I'm missing something the configure script will warn me at the end that something is missing. But I guess it didnt. I installed the libasound2-dev package via synaptic package manager. You said you have a 32-bit build of Wine 1.1.39? Can you direct me to where I might download that? I would like to re-build and install wine now that I have the correct ALSA package.

Thanks alot!

#13 Postby BallsCapone » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks guys! I now have working sound and things couldnt be better!

You guys rock.

Return to “Sound”