How to update to Plasma 5.22?

Help with the version of MX KDE officially released by the Development Team.
When asking for help, use Quick System Info from MX Tools. It will be properly formatted using the following steps.
1. Click on Quick System Info in MX Tools
2. Right click in your post and paste.
richb
Administrator

Re: How to update to Plasma 5.22?

#11 Post by richb »

You could also try Fedora KDE. I have given it a spin and it is quite nice. However It has crashed several times. The reliability of MX KDE, the MX Tools and other MX touches will always take me back to it as my daily system.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Vanitarium

#12 Post by Vanitarium »

Yes, I agree with most statements here. MX is very,very stable and has no bloat. Italso runs on AMD Ryzen CPU as my Tuxedo Aura15 laptop. I have and am trying new and advanced Linuxes and BSDs all the time and found that non systemd MX linux runs much better than all the other ones mentioned here.
Thanks MX Linux developers and community!! Keep growing, live long and prosper...
User of TUXEDO AURA15v.1 laptop: AMD RYZEN 7 running MX Linux.Yunohost on Intel i3
Don't use Windows, tolerates macOS, loves MX Linux

davemx

#13 Post by davemx »

My experience so far with KDE5.22 is that it every so often, closed windows and used pop-up menus stick to the desktop. The cure is not to use transparency, but where's the fun in that? Another occasional one is that a full-screen app will develop a slight transparency even though the app in use is supposed to be opaque. When I try to minimise such an app, it bounces back onto the screen as soon as the minimise has completed!

I've set up Debian 11 on a spare partition, which has KDE5.20 and that seems to work without such problems, and, what's more, the features I liked on 5.22 which the MX-KDE version doesn't yet have, are present in 5.20. Although I've not pushed it too hard, I've not been able (yet) to get KDE5.20 to misbehave. So if that's what's coming when MX21-KDE hits the downloads, then I'll be very happy!
Desktop: Mini-Box M350 with Asus H110i-plus motherboard, Pentium G4600 processor, 2TB SSD and 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133
Printer/Scanner: Brother MFC-J5335W
Laptop: Lenovo V15 ADA
Media Centre: Lenovo Q190

danielson

#14 Post by danielson »

Debian Bulls Eye in full freeze now.
https://www.linuxcompatible.org/story/d ... ll-freeze/

Return to “MX KDE Official Release”