need a focus group

Help for MX Fluxbox
When asking for help, use Quick System Info from MX Tools. It will be properly formatted using the following steps.
1. Click on Quick System Info in MX Tools
2. Right click in your post and paste.
wdscharff

Re: need a focus group

#21 Post by wdscharff »

Cool, first the round corners and now the attractive exit script. FB looks more and more "modern".
Great what you can learn here by the way, maybe I'll write an entry aid for people like me, so absolutely beginners.
Desktop AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32GB Ram // SSD ... enough
Laptop Acer Core I5-7300HQ, 8GB Ram / SSD intern 256GB&2TB
mx-fluxbox, what else?

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments.
There are consequences.

my wallpaper gallery

ceeslans

#22 Post by ceeslans »

JayM wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:13 amThe suspend icon is the least obvious one IMO. Just a circle with a horizontal line in the middle doesn't suggest "sleep" to me
<snip>
... this 'suspend' sign is used in both Moka- and Papirus iconsets:

but I agree with you that 'system-sleep.png' as icon for the suspend-command would fit better in the exitbar. it looks great on my system:
Sony Vaio VPCF23P (2010), Intel Core i7-2670, 6gb RAM, 240GB SSD, MX23 based Fluxbox 1.3.7+

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#23 Post by JayM »

That looks better. BTW "suspend" and "sleep" are used interchangeably to mean the same thing, suspending the current session to RAM.

Not even looking at the actual commands in the yad script these icons say to me (from the top down) lock session, leave (which I interpret as log off), sleep/suspend, restart and shut down/power off. Much more intuitive.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#24 Post by Jerry3904 »

That icon is a nice change, good suggestion.

BTW: This focus group is being very helpful! Maybe we need a dedicated forum for Devs, big and little, to test stuff.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

oops

#25 Post by oops »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:29 am That icon is a nice change, good suggestion.

BTW: This focus group is being very helpful! Maybe we need a dedicated forum for Devs, big and little, to test stuff.
FI: Congratulations
That works here, and I like the Moka 64x64 set of metal icons with yad.

Code: Select all

system-lock-screen1.png system-log-out.png  system-run.png  system-sleep.png
   system-lock-screen.png   system-restart.png  system-shutdown.png  system-suspend.png

But it is better with a info text, ex:

--button="<span font='Monospace'></span>!/usr/share/icons/Moka/64x64/actions/system-shutdown.png!Power_Off:sudo poweroff" \
instead:

--button="<span font='Monospace'></span>!/usr/share/icons/Moka/64x64/actions/system-shutdown.png:sudo poweroff" \
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Jerry3904
Administrator

#26 Post by Jerry3904 »

You may have missed the beginning: the goal was to have nothing to translate, including tooltips. I don't see them as adding anything in this particular case, since the icons are pretty clear in their meaning.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

oops

#27 Post by oops »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 am ... the goal was to have nothing to translate, including tooltips...
... Ah ok, I see then. (can also be only the command used line, ex: "sudo poweroff" ...)
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Return to “MX Fluxbox Official Release”