Can you add Albert to MX-19?

User Package Requests for MX-19
Stevo
Developer

Re: Can you add Albert to MX-19?

#21 Post by Stevo »

The current release has been in the MX 17/18 test repo for some time. I rebuilt it for MX 19 main, and at the same time asked Tim to move the MX 17/18 version to main along with it.

I can see that they are both there now: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/a/albert/

komer

#22 Post by komer »

Post deleted by author.
Last edited by komer on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#23 Post by ChrisUK »

ChrisUK wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:16 am
Stevo wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm [...]
I was hoping to get some extra help with doing those with novice packagers, since rebuilding from stuff we've already packaged should be quite simple*.
[...]
What's needed for this? I've a couple of Laptops and a few Desktops doing nothing that I could set up - although I'm sure a couple won't be up to the task.

So, minimum RAM? CPU? Any other requirements?
nvm... I used Google to get some answers
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Stevo
Developer

#24 Post by Stevo »

ChrisUK wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:16 am
Stevo wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm [...]
I was hoping to get some extra help with doing those with novice packagers, since rebuilding from stuff we've already packaged should be quite simple*.
[...]
What's needed for this? I've a couple of Laptops and a few Desktops doing nothing that I could set up - although I'm sure a couple won't be up to the task.

So, minimum RAM? CPU? Any other requirements?
It depends on the package. Since scripting programs like Python or Perl ones don't need compiling from high level source code into machine language binaries, even the oldest and slowest machine can handle those. With things like the Chromium browsers or the Debian kernel backports, the more speed and RAM you can throw at them, the better! There's a whole spectrum.

This is more advanced, but you can also have the openSUSE Build Service build MX packages for you "in the cloud", so you don't need any powerful equipment at all.

nystrm

#25 Post by nystrm »

Stevo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:31 pm
nystrm wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 pm Will all extensions/plugins install automatically?
So far, all we have is Albert. I wasn't aware of any packaged extensions--can you point me to them? Even if I do add those, you'll have to add those yourself.
My bad, I think the plugins/extensions are installed by default but not activated because they need other components to work. The calculator needs some other programs installed I think.

Stevo
Developer

#26 Post by Stevo »

nystrm wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 am
Stevo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:31 pm
nystrm wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 pm Will all extensions/plugins install automatically?
So far, all we have is Albert. I wasn't aware of any packaged extensions--can you point me to them? Even if I do add those, you'll have to add those yourself.
My bad, I think the plugins/extensions are installed by default but not activated because they need other components to work. The calculator needs some other programs installed I think.
You can run "apt show albert" in the terminal to see if any of the recommended or suggested packages are missing, since MX doesn't install those by default.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-19”