MX 17 Repository: The Inkscape Thread

Stevo
Developer

MX 17 Repository: The Inkscape Thread

#1 Post by Stevo »

We know have the 0.92.4 release of the drawing program in our test repository, backported from Sid. It will run on vanilla Stretch or MX 17-18 without requiring any other test repo libraries. Check the release notes for changes.

Inkscape is an illustration editor which has everything needed to create professional-quality computer art. You can use it to make diagrams and illustrations, technical drawings, web graphics, clip art, icons and logos. A collection of hands-on tutorials show you how to combine lines, shapes and text of different types and styles to build up a picture.

A selection of powerful vector graphics editing tools comes as standard. There is excellent support for paths, gradients, layers, alpha transparency and text flow control. An extensive library of filters allow you to apply realistic effects and extensions allow you to work with bitmaps, barcodes and printing marks, amongst other things.

Most of the common vector formats are supported, including PDF, Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD files, and it has unrivalled support for the SVG web graphics standard.

Be OK

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Inkscape Thread

#2 Post by Be OK »

Great , Thanks for all the teams hard work.

asqwerth
Developer

#3 Post by asqwerth »

Does it work for you? Feedback in this thread would be helpful.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Be OK

#4 Post by Be OK »

@asqwerth yes i does .BTW. Its in the normal repo now :)

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”