Wildlife wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
asqwerth
Developer

Re: Wildlife wallpapers

#31 Post by asqwerth »

But people could also copy the bigger pics from the MX official site's wallpaper page.... Granted it's less visible though.

In any case, I do appreciate the pics you have posted. Was testing the Fox pose pic in one of my mx17 installs last night. Very nice.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

asqwerth
Developer

#32 Post by asqwerth »

On another note, I tested the application of your pics as the wallpaper on a Gnome 3 desktop (Korora) vs MX17's XFCE desktop, both using variety wallpaper changer.

Everything scaled nicely on MX17 but on Gnome 3, the positioning/scaling of the pics were a bit off. For instance, the goose and goslings pic had the mother goose's head too close to the top left corner, such that it got blocked by the gnome top panel and Dash on the left. Couldn't find any settings to change scaling in Variety, so I assume it just uses whatever is the default setting for the desktop environment.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#33 Post by ChrisUK »

asqwerth wrote:On another note, I tested the application of your pics as the wallpaper on a Gnome 3 desktop (Korora) vs MX17's XFCE desktop, both using variety wallpaper changer.

Everything scaled nicely on MX17 but on Gnome 3, the positioning/scaling of the pics were a bit off. For instance, the goose and goslings pic had the mother goose's head too close to the top left corner, such that it got blocked by the gnome top panel and Dash on the left. Couldn't find any settings to change scaling in Variety, so I assume it just uses whatever is the default setting for the desktop environment.
Thanks for that, I'll bear that in mind with future crops - I'll just allow a bit more at the top and sides. TBH, that particular pic was a tighter crop than I intended.

Oh, I know the pics can be downloaded from the main website, but like you said, a bit less visible than here... so the best that can be achieved really.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#34 Post by ChrisUK »

OK, I've just processed another crop of a Fox in the sun... small pic below - 1920*1200 on the main site. It should be OK on larger screens now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

spidermouse

#35 Post by spidermouse »

^Nice, another fox. :fox: :number1:
I set Misko's resting fox wallpaper. https://misko-2083.deviantart.com/art/R ... -726774960

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#36 Post by ChrisUK »

Here's a Mute Swan - and also a textured version for something a bit different.

Please let me know if the full res ones on the main MX webite are OK on large screens...

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#37 Post by asqwerth »

Display: 1920 x 1080

Full-sized (no stretching, scaling, zooming) wallpaper on gnome 3 desktop in korora:

https://imgur.com/uxu9E3K

It just about clears the gnome top bar which is quite a slim panel.

I did find the setting in gnome to change the background setting to stretched and that works very well, just like MX's default stretched setting.

Here it is in MX17. Looks fine.

https://imgur.com/O3FtCq5

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#38 Post by ChrisUK »

asqwerth wrote:Display: 1920 x 1080

Full-sized (no stretching, scaling, zooming) wallpaper on gnome 3 desktop in korora:

https://imgur.com/uxu9E3K

It just about clears the gnome top bar which is quite a slim panel.

I did find the setting in gnome to change the background setting to stretched and that works very well, just like MX's default stretched setting.

Here it is in MX17. Looks fine.

https://imgur.com/O3FtCq5

Great, thanks for checking. I know roughly how much I can crop to retain sharpness at full res now - I'll have to watch that top though, as it's a bit tight. Maybe a few more Fox pics, then it's over 50 bird species to chose from... any preference?
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#39 Post by asqwerth »

Any non-violent pics of hawks?

Birds that have some splashes of colour on them? Robins? Any pheasants?

Parrots? Are there even any in the UK?

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#40 Post by ChrisUK »

Here's a quick Robin to start with, quick as in a quick edit -and another Fox... higher res are on the main site

We do actually have Parrots now, well Ring-necked Parakeets - they invaded years ago from India... in fact I get them at the feeders in my garden. Oh, and I have 1000s of pics of Sparrowhawks just posing... I had a regular male visit for years, but I've had many more Sparrowhawks visiting over the years.

I'll sort out some Sparrowhawk and Parakeet pics for tomorrow
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”