KDE shutdown [solved]

Help on all MX Re-spins
DeMus

Re: KDE shutdown [solved]

#21 Post by DeMus »

Mauser wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:01 pm
chrispop99 wrote:KDE requires more time to learn how to set it up, that's for sure!

Chris
Yes, it does. It's a real pain to set up. Poor documentation as well.
KDE has very good documentation, so I don't know what you are complaining about. If you don't bother to have a look at the kde.org website, or ask around, it doesn't mean the documentation is bad. Also, there is no need to start fiddling with KDE, it works as is. Once you get the hang of it you can start changing things to your liking. Be satisfied with what you get and don't start to change everything right away. As it is with every distro and every DE you need to learn things first, but nowadays people don't want that: it has to work right away the way they want it to work, if not, bye bye.

Mauser

Re: KDE shutdown [solved]

#22 Post by Mauser »

DeMus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:52 pm
Mauser wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:01 pm
chrispop99 wrote:KDE requires more time to learn how to set it up, that's for sure!

Chris
Yes, it does. It's a real pain to set up. Poor documentation as well.
KDE has very good documentation, so I don't know what you are complaining about. If you don't bother to have a look at the kde.org website, or ask around, it doesn't mean the documentation is bad. Also, there is no need to start fiddling with KDE, it works as is. Once you get the hang of it you can start changing things to your liking. Be satisfied with what you get and don't start to change everything right away. As it is with every distro and every DE you need to learn things first, but nowadays people don't want that: it has to work right away the way they want it to work, if not, bye bye.
That's false! I have been to the KDE website many times which proves you are wrong. It's a fact that the documentation is poor! The good thing is the people on the KDE web site are excellent on helping resolving any issues and answering questions due to poor documentation which proves that you are wrong again.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Return to “MX Respins”