MX19.3 Base Personal Respin ISO's updated

Help on all MX Re-spins
m_pav
Developer

MX19.3 Base Personal Respin ISO's updated

#1 Post by m_pav »

I am pleased to announce an update for my 3 x personal MX-Base respin ISO’s, plus a new 64-bit Fluxbox ISO !

MX-19.3_base_386 (Xfce only)
MX-19.3_base_x64 (Xfce only)
MX-19.3_flux_base_386 (Fluxbox + Xfce)
MX-19.3_flux_base_x64 (Fluxbox + Xfce) ! New !

All ISO’s are current through to 1st December 2020 and include all the fixes, enhancements and upgrades available through the MX repositories. The Xfce ISO’s do not come with Fluxbox preloaded.

MX Base ISO’s are designed to provide a clean, clutter free MX-Linux Base system that includes all of the goodness of MX Linux while excluding 150+ packages, and their dependencies, at the build stage. These are perfect to use as a base for your next project, whether it’s File Server, Dev box, TV Box, Media Server, Print server or whatever you heart desires.

MX Base is not to be confused with a “Lite system”. The startup RAM usage for the Xfce ISO’s is only marginally lower than our regular Xfce ISO, while the Fluxbox ISO uses only 260MB RAM at startup, easier on older systems, but equally as good on modern processors (64-bit version for EFI boot).

The Fluxbox ISO's have received the biggest overhaul, the Desktop now defaults to using the Tint2 toolbar. Users not familiar with the standard Fluxbox toolbar will feel right at home with Tint2, which works like the toolbars found on the majority of OS’s used around the globe.

All ISO’s are multi-lingual, users can choose from 60 languages through the Live ISO GRUB menu, a feature common to all MX ISO’s. For Classic Boot, use F2 to set the language, and F3 to set the Locale. For EFI Boot, use the Customize Boot (text menus) option, and choose your language and country using the number values that represent your choice as you go through the first few text screens. Your choices will transfer over to a fixed disk install should you wish to do so, eliminating the need to set languages post installation.

All ISO’s are signed with gpg so you can verify their authenticity after downloading the ISO and its accompanying .sig file. You’ll need to add my public key from a keyserver first to complete the verification. Open a terminal and paste the following to import my public key.

Code: Select all

gpg --keyserver hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 409C71B3BCFDED0A
You can then verify the authenticity of an ISO by issuing a command like the one below in a terminal, opened to the same folder as the downloads.

Code: Select all

gpg --verify <name-of-file.iso.sig>

To view and download, please visit our Community Respins Sourceforge page
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-lin ... s/MX-Base/

Please place your feedback, comments and questions in the Feedback thread linked below
viewtopic.php?f=127&t=61836#p611060

Known Issue:
The Fluxbox versions have a bug in MX-Dockmaker whereby, attempting to edit the existing Dock fails with a segfault. An updated package to fix it is in the regular repositories, you only need to install the updates and the issue will be fixed.
Last edited by m_pav on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(Daily) Lenovo T560, i7-6600U, 16GB, 2.0TB SSD, MX_ahs
(ManCave) AMD FX 6100 CPU, nVidia, 8Gb, 3.25TB mixed, MX_ahs
(Spare)2017 Macbook Air 7,2, 8GB, 256GB SSD, MX_ahs

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: MX19.3 Base Personal Respin ISO's updated

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

Great work, Mike! Everybody appreciates the thought and effort you've put into this.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

AVLinux

#3 Post by AVLinux »

Congrats and thanks! What an awesome resource!

agnivo007

#4 Post by agnivo007 »

Now, that's the December surprise I was talking about...
- Roy, Kolkata, IN. "REDUCE-REUSE-RECYCLE-REPURPOSE"
MX-21-AHS-KDE on [ H110M-H : Modded BIOS | Core i3-9350K | 8GB DDR4 | SP A60 NVMe PCIe3x4 | Samsung Evo 870 SSD | WD Black Mobile HDD ]

Return to “MX Respins”