MX Cleanup

Este forum es para los usuarios de MX hispanoparlantes
Adrian
Developer

Re: MX Cleanup

#41 Post by Adrian »

it uses "apt-get autoclean" by default that removes old version of the .debs that are not available in the repos anymore, you can also use the switch to "remove all" that runs "apt-get clean".

asqwerth
Developer

#42 Post by asqwerth »

Thanks, Adrian.

According to this: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2243852

Autoclean will keep only the .deb of the presently-installed version of the package, since all older versions of the .deb won't be in the repos once the current one is there.

So if, say, VLC is now at 3.0.2, then version 3.0.1 is not in the repo any more and autoclean will remove it.

It's not exactly as having a cache-cleaning command where you can set something like "current + 2", meaning the cleaning command will not remove the current and previous 2 versions of the VLC package, e.g. versions 3.0.1 and 3.0.0 are still retained.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

colin_b

#43 Post by colin_b »

I've just had a look at MX Cleanup and noticed that a cleaning schedule has been added.

Superb stuff!

:worship:

I am wondering if it would be possible to have a "don't empty trash" selection available - someone might forget that the trash is emptied regularly and end up distraught because an incorrect item they placed in the trash bin has disappeared for good.

Adrian
Developer

#44 Post by Adrian »

Good point, I have made a modification, added "Don't empty" option for Trash, logs, and apt cache. I will push it once I get the translations updated.

colin_b

#45 Post by colin_b »

Adrian wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 pm Good point, I have made a modification, added "Don't empty" option for Trash, logs, and apt cache. I will push it once I get the translations updated.
Great job. thanks!

:number1:

I only discovered that the automatic clean had been added when I was poking around. Would it be possible to have a forum thread which notifies people about MX tools that have been updated or added?

Artim

#46 Post by Artim »

Would it be possible to have a forum thread which notifies people about MX tools that have been updated or added?
There already is! It's the little green box that indicates updates are available. When you click on it, it lists all the upgrades and new stuff.

Gerson

#47 Post by Gerson »

@Adrian wrote: ...I will push it once I get the translations updated.
If you give me the text that you need to translate, I'll do it in Spanish.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Jerry3904
Administrator

#48 Post by Jerry3904 »

Richard wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 pm Yes, both give the same output.
baobab.png
That's correct, then click on the drive you want to analyze to get this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

colin_b

#49 Post by colin_b »

Artim wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:58 am Would it be possible to have a forum thread which notifies people about MX tools that have been updated or added?
Artim wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:58 am There already is! It's the little green box that indicates updates are available. When you click on it, it lists all the upgrades and new stuff.
I appreciate that updates to MX tools appear in the PM listing.

What I am talking about is a thread which mentions new features or tools. I only came across the automatic clean by accident. I'm sure others will be unaware of some features which have been added to the tools via updates. This would be easily addressed by a brief post mentioning new features in a forum thread.

Just a thought.

Kulmbacher

#50 Post by Kulmbacher »

Adrian wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 pm ...added "Don't empty" option for Trash, logs, and apt cache. I will push it once I get the translations updated.
thank you, then i will use cleanup first time ;-)
they called him, the fish!

Return to “Forum en Español”