Freeoffice trend

asqwerth
Developer

Re: Freeoffice trend

#41 Post by asqwerth »

Dennis-TW wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 am I assumed that a program that automatically adds its repo during installation would also be nice enough to remove its repo after uninstall.

Some things might never change, no matter which OS ;)

But thanks for the hint, I don't use Synaptic too often since MXPI does usually all the magic!
Well, if a program came with its own uninstaller script, that might include a command to take care of repo removal.

But if you simply uninstall the program yourself with an apt command, that won't do anything to the repo.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Dennis-TW

#42 Post by Dennis-TW »

richb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:04 amFreeoffice is being downloaded from their site. When you delete it you are doing it locally. So there is no visibility to their installer. which adds the repo.
Alright, I think I got it now :)

mystic

#43 Post by mystic »

Update from the Manjaro Team

"If you like more a spartan version shipping only the desktop environment and systemd tools, please choose our Minimal-ISOs. On the final release we plan to make the office suite selectable during installation. Learn more about FreeOffice here"

[ Stable Update] 2019-08-01

KBD

#44 Post by KBD »

mystic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:39 am Update from the Manjaro Team

"If you like more a spartan version shipping only the desktop environment and systemd tools, please choose our Minimal-ISOs. On the final release we plan to make the office suite selectable during installation. Learn more about FreeOffice here"

[ Stable Update] 2019-08-01
That sounds like a good idea. And should end the apocalypse :)

KBD

#45 Post by KBD »

Nice guys, adding save to DOC, XLS, PPT, ODT to Freeoffice:

https://twitter.com/softmaker_com/statu ... 6615499776

Return to “Software / Configuration”