[Solved] WINE Configuration resize

WallyEmm

[Solved] WINE Configuration resize

#1 Post by WallyEmm »

I am configuring a new installation of MX-18.1 on a Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 with an iKey docking keyboard and 8 GB RAM. This is a 10.1" tablet with WUXGA 1920 x 1200 display. So far I have been able to boost font sizes in most places, but reading old posts on WINE fonts leaves me with questions. One problem is knowing whether older discussions still apply to newer versions.

WINE appeared to install ok from MX Package Installer as recommended in the MX 18 User Manual; it seems to run one particular Windows program ok. But the font sizes are very small which makes text hard to read. Bringing up the Wine Configuration utility results in a very small box with almost unreadable text. I have not found a way to make the box and included text larger so I can read it. I have boosted the DPI setting to 128 in the Appearance utility, along with setting larger font sizes, but this doesn't seem to have any affect on WINE.

Could someone please point me towards a solution to this problem? This is my first time around with MX Linux, plus it has been a few years since I used other distributions. I'm reasonably comfortable in Terminal, but I'm pretty clueless on configuration issues.

Thanks,
Wally
Last edited by WallyEmm on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timkb4cq
Developer

Re: WINE Configuration resize

#2 Post by timkb4cq »

Run

Code: Select all

winecfg
Click the Graphics Tab
Move the Screen Resolution slider until the Sample Text is the size you want the default font to be.
Apply
OK
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

WallyEmm

Re: WINE Configuration resize

#3 Post by WallyEmm »

Thank you, that was a huge help and I appreciate it.

Wally

Return to “Software / Configuration”