-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Guider - views and opinions sought

boombaby
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Guider - views and opinions sought

#1 Post by boombaby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:39 am

Hello, Every...

Can you provide some thoughts on this please...

........ https://github.com/iipeace/guider/blob/master/README.md

Seeking info as "interest" only. It appears to be so comprehensive that for "ordinary" User it may be slight "overkill". So I guess I am asking if it is worthwhile (and safe) for "ordinary" User - but one who wants to know just that little bit more about their system.

Of course, while I am asking about this software (Guider) any additional mention of alternate software (as GUI preferred, but CLI-GUI as well) can be included for interest.

Regards,
boombaby
_

wulf
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Guider - views and opinions sought

#2 Post by wulf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:27 am

There is a program called Stacer which has a nice GUI that you might want to take a look at. A google image search will return lots of examples > https://github.com/oguzhaninan/Stacer

boombaby
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: Guider - views and opinions sought

#3 Post by boombaby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks, wulf

From the web page it looks pretty good. Provides a lot of info. I will check that out further.

Just now, I also had another look at "Hardinfo", which I loaded via Synaptic some time ago. (Must have got side-tracked before I gave it a good look.) While it does have a lot of the "analysis & reporting" features it does also have some "interactive feedback" sections too.

Both of these are quite a step beyond the Guider software that I asked about (although the Guider setup probably allows a bit of "tinkering" beyond just "looking at" things for those who want to get into it).

Return to “Software / Configuration”