New features in MX Package Installer (Now with flatpaks)

Topics relating to MX Docs and MX Videos
asqwerth
Developer

Re: New features in MX Package Installer (Now with flatpaks)

#31 Post by asqwerth »

oops wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:04 am
In Adrian's thread asking for testers to try the MXPI prototype:
https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=46322
...@asqwerth PS: tried but: Information: You are not authorised to read this forum.
@oops,

Oops!

;)

Didn't realise that was not a public thread. I thought the sub-board inviting users to test the prototype was open to all.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Buck Fankers

#32 Post by Buck Fankers »

Adrian wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm I was thinking that it would be nice to create a "save custom installed packages" listing, basically a .pm file that would list all the packages installed since the MX installation and list that as an entry in Popular Apps tab. That would make reinstalling so much easier.
Great idea and useful not only for reinstall but if someone wants to trim/slim down the system one could easily see all the installed app when deciding which ones to be removed. How many times we install something, to later forget about the app and newer run it again...

I have one suggestion about MXPI, would posting suggestion here be OK? (someone said yes?) ;-)

Could be possible to change MXPI so the search string would stay in entry box after switching from say Popular Applications to Stable Repo and so on, switching from stable repo to MX Test repo?

When I usually search for some program I do it in this order and I have to re-type search string for every tab. Not a big deal of course, but if this could be easy implemented, maybe wouldn't hurt?

asqwerth
Developer

#33 Post by asqwerth »

Buck Fankers wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am...
Could be possible to change MXPI so the search string would stay in entry box after switching from say Popular Applications to Stable Repo and so on, switching from stable repo to MX Test repo?

When I usually search for some program I do it in this order and I have to re-type search string for every tab. Not a big deal of course, but if this could be easy implemented, maybe wouldn't hurt?

That's a good idea. Good way of searching for the newest version of the package available.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

asqwerth
Developer

#34 Post by asqwerth »

Adrian wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm
I was thinking that it would be nice to create a "save custom installed packages" listing, basically a .pm file that would list all the packages installed since the MX installation and list that as an entry in Popular Apps tab. That would make reinstalling so much easier. D_O, what do you think?
Very cool. I assume the .pm file could also be saved in the /home partition, so that it survives a fresh install of MX when /home is preserved?

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#35 Post by dolphin_oracle »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:45 am
Adrian wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm
I was thinking that it would be nice to create a "save custom installed packages" listing, basically a .pm file that would list all the packages installed since the MX installation and list that as an entry in Popular Apps tab. That would make reinstalling so much easier. D_O, what do you think?
Very cool. I assume the .pm file could also be saved in the /home partition, so that it survives a fresh install of MX when /home is preserved?
there are some logic decisions to make, but yeah, I think storing in say...~/.local/share/mx-packageinstaller(-pkglist?) makes sense.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#36 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

Just when I was wonder what the heck a flatpack was, D.O. produces a video.
Nice!
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

xali

#37 Post by xali »

i tried to install openRA just like in dolphin's video. MXPI says it is installed, but it is not... i tried twice, same result.

asqwerth
Developer

#38 Post by asqwerth »

xali wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:40 am i tried to install openRA just like in dolphin's video. MXPI says it is installed, but it is not... i tried twice, same result.
Have you logged out and in again?

xali

#39 Post by xali »

ok after reboot it installed normally thanks asqwerth

Return to “Documentation and videos”