MX-Snails - Anonymous Internet Browsing ...

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
jackdanielsesq

MX-Snails - Anonymous Internet Browsing ...

#1 Post by jackdanielsesq »

MX+SNAILS.iso

Greetings all

This is a brand new spin, a play on the very good TAILS anonymous browser, if you will, using an excellent,
stable rebuild of MX as a base – this baby is equally as lean & mean as the previous builds - it contains the
basic OS, including a bunch of great MX Tools, as well as Audacious Music Player, Firefox 60 ESR, which has
not been adulterated by anyone, and because its all loaded into RAM, nobody can futz with it...

Anonymous Trashmail, as well as an excellent 10GB VPN, as well as Skype Web, Adblock, should you really
need to contact that babe at the local convenience store, anonymously ... everything works, as advertised

Take a gander at the top right of the Firefox menubar - all the Adblock, VPN, Trashmail, Skype icons, etc
are all located there - easy - with no trace of you, or your whereabouts, once you reboot!!!

Remember - this O/S can be used for your Internet Banking, all Anonymous Browsing, a Fix All Windows
Anything or any other O/S Disk ... its a world-Class Rescue Disk.

Happy Anonymous Internet Cruising ... have fun, y'all !!

NB - this is a live [RAM] system - there are zero records traces once you reboot - Google, which I seldom use, now asks if I want 'English' translations - thinks I am in Latvia, Malta, et al ... my Adblocker activity has dropped by +75%, so has my data usage ... life is good - the 'Net as its supposed to be ... enjoy

Regards

Jack

Caesar2

Re: MX-Snails - Anonymous Internet Browsing ...

#2 Post by Caesar2 »

T
Last edited by Caesar2 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[><]

Buck Fankers

#3 Post by Buck Fankers »

jackdanielsesq wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 am MX+SNAILS.iso
This is a brand new spin, a play on the very good TAILS anonymous browser, if you will, using an excellent,
stable rebuild of MX as a base – this baby is equally as lean & mean as the previous builds - it contains the
basic OS, including a bunch of great MX Tools, as well as Audacious Music Player, Firefox 60 ESR, which has
not been adulterated by anyone, and because its all loaded into RAM, nobody can futz with it...
Interesting, thanks.

I tried it and I'm wondering, wouldn't Tor browser be more appropriate for this spin? Firefox gives away my correct location.

turtlebay777

#4 Post by turtlebay777 »

Surely Tails running Live is far more anonymous?

Not that I've got anything to hide!

jackdanielsesq

#5 Post by jackdanielsesq »

Hi there

Thanks for the feedback

Start the VPN first - you might need to register at Windscribe - 10GB - which is instant, painless.
It works as advertised - top-right quadrant of FF menubar

Regards

Jack
Buck Fankers wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:17 pm
jackdanielsesq wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 am MX+SNAILS.iso
Interesting, thanks.

I tried it and I'm wondering, wouldn't Tor browser be more appropriate for this spin? Firefox gives away my correct location.

jackdanielsesq

#6 Post by jackdanielsesq »

Hi there

The short answer is 'no' - sorry, did not even consider it - blame it on hi-speed LTE [G4]

The long answer is 'you raised a good point, we are currently awaiting confirmation from two torrent seeders

Loved BitTorrent technology - especially in the days of lousy, unreliable ISP speeds - GPRS G2 G3 et al, until
LTE arrived, by which time the illegal movie/music crowd had taken over, with all those script kiddies in-tow

Those were the heady days of Mandrake, Mandriva, PCLOS Mini Me + KDE3.xx + Compiz Fusion...have not used
it since - too many torrent-police roaming the torrent sites, taking names & numbers & ISP's

Anyone here with recent torrent usage, feel free to weigh-in ... all info/help appreciated

Regards

Jack

Caesar2 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:36 pm Torrent available?

Somewhat Reticent

#7 Post by Somewhat Reticent »

LinuxTracker is a good (old) resource for clearly-labeled* legal GNU/linux distro torrents.
* Avoid confusion between a respin and the distro it's based on.

VPN is not enough: most apps blab all kinds of data useful as "fingerprints" for nannies and hackers alike.
Some VPN services are paid by services that happily work with any nanny-state; YMMV.
That said, Firefox has many settings that can reduce its blab; some helpful add-ons fill in other gaps.

jeffreyC

#8 Post by jeffreyC »

It might be worth using something like the SolydXK Firefox adjustments, which are made for improving privacy when using Firefox:

https://repository.solydxk.com/pool/mai ... justments/

It might be a worthy addition to MX and antiX, not only this respin.

Return to “MX Modified”