Help with some mount point partitions

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
Areyzaga

Help with some mount point partitions

#1 Post by Areyzaga »

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my english...now, i have a chromebook with 16gb of emmc, so i decided to bought a 32gb SD card to have more disk space, in my last distro (Kubuntu) i configured the paritions in this way: Emmc: 1gb:swap, 300MB:/boot, 14.7gb:/ && 32Gb SD: 16gb:/usr, 16gb:/home, works pretty well, but i was bored of kubuntu, so i install MX 18.3, i formatted the partitions and added the mount point label in gparted during the installation, the installer doesnt show up a option for mount the SD card partition for "/usr", so i continue the installation and now i have a useless "/usr" partition in my SD card, is there any way to make that partition my default /usr directory?. thanks.
btw im new to this forum, im not sure if this the correct place to post this, if is not, tell me and i will move it. Thx.

penguin

Re: Help with some mount point partitions

#2 Post by penguin »

Man. Keep it simple. Do not complivcate so much. By my experience, have no any benefit to have /usr or /home separately. Try to install MX with just / (home and other partitions within/under home).

Return to “MX Modified”