Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Windows Decorations in Xfce + Kwin.

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
TenderFoot

Windows Decorations in Xfce + Kwin.

#1 Post by TenderFoot »

As a (belated) follow up to viewtopic.php?f=100&t=41597&hilit=kwin, at the time I did as Stevo suggested #7 and that worked fine. Using Kwin as the window manager has worked perfectly without glitches to satisfy my cravings for desktop effects with acceptable decorations.

But in the last few days a little more research led me to https://store.kde.org/browse/cat/114/page/1/ord/latest/. From there it is easy to download decorations, extract then move the resulting folder to ~/.kde/share/apps/aurorae.

Consequently, I looked for some config file that could be modified to restore functionality to Get More Decorations. The nearest I've found is the first line in config.kcfg.

Does Get More Decorations populates in MX Kde?

[Perversely, whilst experimenting with Mint 18.2 Xfce - where neither compiz nor kwin will support decorations other than one default - the Get More Decorations actually finds them and apparently "installs" but they do not appear for selection any more than the default one. Unfortunately the config.kcfg file is exactly the same as in MX so perhaps that's not it!]

Return to “MX Modified”