Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

stretched MX-16 problems

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
Stevo
Developer

Re: stretched MX-16 problems

#21 Post by Stevo »

Arggh, that's because I put SMTube as the package name instead of smtube--they have to match if you want the instructions and repos to show for that package, though you can get into the repo just by using another package that I named correctly in there, such as mpv. Anyway, I went ahead and rebuilt them locally, though the version is slightly different at 17.5.0-0.1antiX. i want to keep the "-0.1" at under 1 in case Debian does an official stretch-backport of that version, so used 0.1.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxE7w ... 0JURTViNDA

anticapitalista
Developer

#22 Post by anticapitalista »

The new pack at google drive doesn't have the 64 bit debs
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Stevo
Developer

#23 Post by Stevo »

Arggh version 2--here they are: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxE7w ... jlqOXBoSm8

I got caught up in getting qbittorrent to do the automatic Qt4-Qt5 build switching, which turned out to be a little more complicated. Think I have it solved now.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#24 Post by Jerry3904 »

Grub-customizer is uninstallable

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt install grub-customizer -y
[sudo] password for jb: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 grub-customizer : Depends: libatkmm-1.6-1 (>= 2.22.1) but it is not installable
                   Depends: libcairomm-1.0-1 (>= 1.6.4) but it is not installable
                   Depends: libglibmm-2.4-1c2a (>= 2.42.0) but it is not installable
                   Depends: libgtkmm-3.0-1 (>= 3.14.0) but it is not installable
                   Depends: libpangomm-1.4-1 (>= 2.27.1) but it is not installable
                   Depends: libsigc++-2.0-0c2a (>= 2.2.0) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

timkb4cq
Developer

#25 Post by timkb4cq »

The names of those libraries have changed in stretch so grub-customizer will have to be rebuilt against the new libs.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Leafpad

#26 Post by Leafpad »

I've just upgraded to stretch, and some things look weird in some dialog boxes... For example, the slider for controlling brightness level is invisible, as that picture shows

May this be because I didn't accept lightdm new config file?

How can I fix the problem?

Jerry3904
Administrator

#27 Post by Jerry3904 »

Thanks for adding to the list of "problems we have to consider with the move to Stretch," the announced purpose of this thread. Recall that upgrading to Stretch is experimental and unsupported.

Things do look weird in some dialog boxes, and in at least some context menus as well for me. We'll have to see what the first alpha looks like, where we will be dealing with a clean start.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Stevo
Developer

#28 Post by Stevo »

It could be related to the differences in the GTK 3 versions between Jessie and Stretch. Often the developer can have the code detect the version of GTK 3 it's building against, and handle things differently depending on what's detected, or how it handles theming. That's just a guess, but it's not improbable.

GTK 2 is much more similar in Jessie and Stretch, so I doubt if we will see any of those type of issues there.

Return to “MX Modified”