I closed Board Announcements, how do I get it back?

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
JayM
Qualified MX Guide

I closed Board Announcements, how do I get it back?

#1 Post by JayM »

I don't know why I did it, but I clicked the X in the upper-right of the Board Announcements (Welcome) section at the top of the forum a day or two ago, then decided that was a bad idea in case there's an important new announcement. I can't find anywhere in my User Control Panel to restore it. I've deleted my browser's cookies and all of my "Remember Me" login keys. It must be something in the forum's database that I can't access via my UCP because I see the board announcements when I log out and it goes away whenever I log in, even with different web browsers. Looks like I need an admin to put it back for me?
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

i_ri

Re: I closed Board Announcements, how do I get it back?

#2 Post by i_ri »

Hello JayM
No worries about missing an announcement; richb said:
"It will reappear when a change is made to the content."

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#3 Post by JayM »

Oh, OK. Thanks for that information. That's good to know. I was just worried that I might miss another important announcement like when there was a buggy kernel upgrade a couple of months ago. So it seems that clicking on the X just marked the board announcement section read and whenever it gets updated it will be unread again and visible to me.
Last edited by JayM on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

i_ri

#4 Post by i_ri »

Hello JayM
The forum Welcome screen seems sophisticated to deploy that nice feature
for important announcements for both fun and emergency messages.

The MX 19 will unveil a new feature to push important news to users of MX 19.
"–New and updated mx-apps
..mx-alerts package for sending emergency messages to users."

Watch for the fun release MX 19 news in the Welcome screen.
You will not miss a thing.

Return to “Site Help”