can preferences be set to view threads from the beginning?

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
lonesomepoint

can preferences be set to view threads from the beginning?

#1 Post by lonesomepoint »

I just noticed that if I start viewing a multi-page thread, my viewing begins at the latest thread. It would be more helpful if viewing started at the beginning, esp. if I didn't understand why the thread was there and just wanted to know. (I was glancing at the "Are you a writer?" thread.) Can I set my settings to view threads from the beginning? If not, would you be able to make that change in the forum, if willing?

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: can preferences be set to view threads from the beginning?

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

clicking the little icon beside the title should take you to the first unread post. clicking the title itself should take you to the 1st post in the thread. or at least that's how mine appears to work.

the last column should have a "who posted last" as well as a little icon beside the username. that will take you to the last post.

there are some display options in the user configuration panel, including how to sort posts (ascending vs. descending). mine is set to ascending.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

richb
Administrator

#3 Post by richb »

The setting D_O is referring to is in the User Control Panel under Board Preferences>Edit Display Options. You would want Ascending
Personally I use descending as I want to see the latest post. This is because I read most if not all posts, and therefore know what was previously posted.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

PondLife

#4 Post by PondLife »

On the standard setup the Board Index takes you to the last post, quick links > active topics will take you to the first post or choice of page number.

Return to “Site Help”