IP Blocked

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
towwire

IP Blocked

#1 Post by towwire »

When an IP address is going to be blocked is there any way the for forum can show it when you login to the forum? I was just blocked and did not fine out about until I wanted to summit a long post that I just did. I'm one of those who is slow at typing and it was a long post for me, which for some reason I lost over this.. My computer is normally running for months but lately I been trying things so have been rebooting.

skidoo

Re: IP Blocked

#2 Post by skidoo »

"blocked" ?
What really happened, exactly?

FWIW, here and at other forums, I've encountered timed-out login session when attempting to post but I've never seen "blocked".

richb
Administrator

#3 Post by richb »

Not sure we can do anything about the timing.

Spamhaus is part of the Forum software and automatically blocks listed spam IP's. tomwire is NOT a spammer but the IP appeared on a Spamhaus list.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

towwire

#4 Post by towwire »

skidoo wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 pm "blocked" ?
What really happened, exactly?

FWIW, here and at other forums, I've encountered timed-out login session when attempting to post but I've never seen "blocked".
I was trying something and rebooted my computer it didn't help. On restart the VPN gave me another IP. That's all that happen. I normally have the forum up and watch the posts but only login when I want to reply to something.

skidoo

#5 Post by skidoo »

towwire and richb both, thanks for explaining

richb
Administrator

#6 Post by richb »

VPN's can cause this issue. If your VPN is using shared IP's a spammer may be using the same IP address. Some VPN' services provide a dedicated VPN.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “Site Help”