Can't receive any emails from MX Linux Forum with another account/email

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
fshwrhzh

Can't receive any emails from MX Linux Forum with another account/email

#1 Post by fshwrhzh »

Hi,

I tried to register another account first.
Everything on the registration worked, except that I never received any activation email. Even choking the "resend activation mail" doesn't do anything.

However, I successfully managed to register and use my current account.

That made me notice that my other email completely has capitalized letters, which my current one doesn't.
So, there may be something wrong on your side about fully capitalized email addresses.

I also already sent a email to administrators through this form with my first email: memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin
But it seems I won't get an answer due to the problem.

Thanks,

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Can't receive any emails from MX Linux Forum with another account/email

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

But it seems I won't get an answer due to the problem.
You should get an answer soon; the Forum Administrator was simply out of town (we're all volunteers here--and have a life).
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

richb
Administrator

Re: Can't receive any emails from MX Linux Forum with another account/email

#3 Post by richb »

I apologize for the delay, I was out f town and not available. I see a registration in an inactive status with the user name X.OVER. I will not post the email address here. Was that the username you tried to register? I attempted to respond to your email message to the admin account. Your server would not accept the email indicating that our network was blocked. If this is still an issue you would have to contact your service provider and get us unblocked,

EDIT: Please hold off on contacting your service provider. I sent you sent an email. If you receive this one it is not a problem with your mail server.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “Site Help”