latest unread post not available

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
lucky9

latest unread post not available

#1 Post by lucky9 »

The 'view the latest unread post' does not appear to be available with the new software. Is that the case or do I need to set an option somewhere? It was an extremely handy feature, expecially when following a multi-page thread. :eek:
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

richb
Administrator

Re: latest unread post not available

#2 Post by richb »

No setting required. Post one and I will recheck, but it was working for me last time I had unread posts.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

lucky9

#3 Post by lucky9 »

Found it. Funny how habits react to change.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

lucky9

#4 Post by lucky9 »

For those with questions about this. I was asking about the unread posts selection in each thread not the overall choice of unread posts that is available under your login name.
It appears that the threads had to be selected under your login name and then updated after you opened a thread. In other words there was no 'click to go to the first unread post in a thread'. Once a thread was visited then you could get to the first unread post.
--Mark Twain

asqwerth
Developer

#5 Post by asqwerth »

lucky9 wrote:For those with questions about this. I was asking about the unread posts selection in each thread not the overall choice of unread posts that is available under your login name.
It appears that the threads had to be selected under your login name and then updated after you opened a thread. In other words there was no 'click to go to the first unread post in a thread'. Once a thread was visited then you could get to the first unread post.
If you click on "Unread posts" in the Quick Links dropdown menu on the top left of the forum page, you'll get a list of threads with unread posts.

Clicking on the small orange rectangle next to a thread's title WILL bring you straight to the first unread post instead of the last unread post.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

lucky9

#6 Post by lucky9 »

I'm curious as to why that does not happen with the link for new posts under our User name on the right side. Anyone know?

And thanks for the help asqwerth. Obviously a bad habit to think that an exposed new post link should act as I was used to it acting.
--Mark Twain

richb
Administrator

#7 Post by richb »

Adapt.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Richard

#8 Post by Richard »

and you do have to be logged in.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

lucky9

#9 Post by lucky9 »

Pretty sure I logged in as that's almost automatic. I don't remember seeing the orange indicators. Nor did I not hover over every link. Working from Opera, which can have strange things happen occasionally. Never a dull moment.
--Mark Twain

Richard

#10 Post by Richard »

LOL. It happens mostly when I've just made a new install and haven't yet logged into everything.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

Return to “Site Help”