New Forum Comments

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
richb
Administrator

Re: New Forum Comments

#31 Post by richb »

uncle mark wrote:
richb wrote: Sigs have a maximum of 255 characters. i just edited mine to the max. As I was adding characters they auto wrapped to the next line. How does your display look now with my max sig length.
It looks like yours wrapped fine. This page three of this thread hasn't shown a scroll bar like page one and two, UNTIL I posted my screenshots. They appeard to push the screed width out just a bit, giving me a scroll bar with just a teeny bit of scroll distance.
I cannot explain it I am afraid. I use Google Chrome, but I also tried Firefox without an issue, Has me stumped.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

loco

#32 Post by loco »

hahaha... nice,

was pretty darn quick as well.

looks great here, 32bit opera, no scrolling unless i choose to view the screenshots. something about java scripts?

--> thanks <--

once again, beautiful :thumbup:.

kmathern
Developer

#33 Post by kmathern »

One thing I've noticed is that the original post in a thread and it's replies aren't given post numbers like they were in the old forum.

For instance I think my reply in this thread is post #33.

In the old forum you could refer someone to a particular post in a thread by its number.

DBeckett

#34 Post by DBeckett »

Yes, the post # was very handy in certain situations.
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-6100 hex-core, 3.3GHz, 8G, Radeon HD6570

richb
Administrator

#35 Post by richb »

kmathern wrote:One thing I've noticed is that the original post in a thread and it's replies aren't given post numbers like they were in the old forum.

For instance I think my reply in this thread is post #33.

In the old forum you could refer someone to a particular post in a thread by its number.
Thank you, Yes, we noted that in the test phase. A module addition would be required as it is not in the base software. It is on a desired feature list.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

uncle mark

#36 Post by uncle mark »

richb wrote:
uncle mark wrote:
It looks like yours wrapped fine. This page three of this thread hasn't shown a scroll bar like page one and two, UNTIL I posted my screenshots. They appeard to push the screed width out just a bit, giving me a scroll bar with just a teeny bit of scroll distance.
I cannot explain it I am afraid. I use Google Chrome, but I also tried Firefox without an issue, Has me stumped.
Interesting. I've viewed numerous posts/pages in numerous forums, and the only one that exhibits this behavior is this thread on the first two pages, and on page three only after I posted my screenshots.

I'll chalk it up to "weird stuff".

DBeckett

#37 Post by DBeckett »

After clicking on "View Active Topics," I notice that threads I have read already change to a darker shade of blue, but just barely, not enough to be readily apparent. Can this color be changed to something a little more easily seen?
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-6100 hex-core, 3.3GHz, 8G, Radeon HD6570

GoManutd

#38 Post by GoManutd »

congrats on the switchover! getting used to everything.

has anyone else experienced an issue with being logged off? on the old forum i wouldn't have to login continuously, i would be able to login and remain logged in for weeks, months at a time. so far today i've had to log in 1/2 dozen times.

cookies are enabled, and the option to remain logged in checked.

richb
Administrator

#39 Post by richb »

GoManutd wrote:congrats on the switchover! getting used to everything.

has anyone else experienced an issue with being logged off? on the old forum i wouldn't have to login continuously, i would be able to login and remain logged in for weeks, months at a time. so far today i've had to log in 1/2 dozen times.

cookies are enabled, and the option to remain logged in checked.
Yes, we are trying to chase that one down.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

smilliken

#40 Post by smilliken »

Change is as good as rest, I guess. Slowly find things and it look is refreshing and looks great.

The only thing I wish there was is, in the column "last post", it would be nice to see the subject of that last post.

I sure not all of the bugs are out, but again, it looks great.

Thanks to all who worked on this project. :clap:
There is no "Ctrl+Z" in life!
Asus X570, Rysen 3600, 32 GB RAM MX-21
Acer 7551G MX-21 & Win 10
Asus i5, 16 GB RAM MX-21 & Win 10
Brother DCP-7065DN/HL-L3270CDW
Linux User# 4523410

Return to “Site Help”