Data Recovery Softwares

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Huckleberry Finn

Re: Data Recovery Softwares

#21 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

You're welcome :)

In case needed I can re-type (maybe on a separate thread later) how to copy/clone/backup/take image of the whole partition/disk drive simply with tools already existing (terminal or GParted) (... and how to put back/extract of course)

fehlix
Developer

#22 Post by fehlix »

Huckleberry Finn wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:12 am
fehlix wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:17 am... That's why it may be a better idea to post the essential content related to the issu/topic instead of just links,..
Eadwine Rose wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:03 am It is best to post the actual solution to something instead of a link to a topic...
Of course, I also think like that, but when they're long/detailed you need to either type them from scratch everytime , or keep them yourself some way or maybe post one copy into Tips and Tricks ... (just loudly thinking).
You would "quote" the related info, using quote-tags (which can be used with link-URL),
no need to re-type all the contents.
And only need to explain a bit why you think the quoted text may be useful to share
related to the issue in question.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Huckleberry Finn

#23 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

fehlix wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:25 am... You would "quote" the related info... And only need to explain a bit why you think the quoted text may be useful ... the issue in question
Yes, but (for someone else's post or any info out of the forum we/I already do like that) it's linked to my own post and the whole post is (was) already to answer the same question, not partly .

Generally speaking: When I paste links only, they're already my posts and I mean: "Just have a look/ read this. It's already written (or solved) previously."

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#24 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Huckleberry Finn wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:37 am Generally speaking: When I paste links only, they're already my posts and I mean: "Just have a look/ read this. It's already written (or solved) previously."
And those posts that you have linked to will disappear in time. Someone looking for a solution later on will eventually end up clicking on dead links only.

That is why you repost, the solutions get ported.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

fehlix
Developer

#25 Post by fehlix »

Huckleberry Finn wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:37 am
fehlix wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:25 am... You would "quote" the related info... And only need to explain a bit why you think the quoted text may be useful ... the issue in question
Yes, but (for someone else's post or any info out of the forum we/I already do like that) it's linked to my own post and the whole post is (was) already to answer the same question, not partly .

Generally speaking: When I paste links only, they're already my posts and I mean: "Just have a look/ read this. It's already written (or solved) previously."
Posting just links without further explanation is a questionable style of help provided.
I'd recommend give a minimum amount of explanation in text-form (no pictures), to avoid a user should first click a link to understand what it is related too.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

linexer2016

#26 Post by linexer2016 »

Huckleberry Finn wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:12 am
fehlix wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:17 am... That's why it may be a better idea to post the essential content related to the issu/topic instead of just links,..
Eadwine Rose wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:03 am It is best to post the actual solution to something instead of a link to a topic...
Of course, I also think like that, but when they're long/detailed you need to either type them from scratch everytime , or keep them yourself some way or maybe post one copy into Tips and Tricks ... (just loudly thinking).
Huck,
I empathise with you on this. You had tried to help the OP (and frankly, your Win7 suggestion was of interest to me too) and I understand the difficulty in keeping every bit of information that might be of use again someday. It's unfortunate as was posted here by Rich that whilst links are maintained within the forum usually for five years, on this particular occasion it seems that wasn't the case ;)

Duliwi

#27 Post by Duliwi »

richb wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:49 am Posts older than five years do get purged as the database becomes unusually large and unwieldy.
Really? :eek:
Good to know. :azn:

Zeno

#28 Post by Zeno »

Huckleberry Finn wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:19 am You're welcome :)

In case needed I can re-type (maybe on a separate thread later) how to copy/clone/backup/take image of the whole partition/disk drive simply with tools already existing (terminal or GParted) (... and how to put back/extract of course)
Thanks
can you show me just how to extract mounted file ! you can share me such working link as well.
Thanks again

MXRobo

#29 Post by MXRobo »

Does Photorec recover .odt, .ods and other formats like these?
Yes, per https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/File_Fo ... y_PhotoRec

Return to “General”