MX 21.1 KDE Wildflower supports streaming video the best of all the Linux distros I have tried..

Here you can post about what you did to get MX to work right with your computer or if hardware worked right out of the box for you. This is for the computers and/or hardware that is normally hard to get working right in Linux or MX.
SO2001

MX 21.1 KDE Wildflower supports streaming video the best of all the Linux distros I have tried..

#1 Post by SO2001 »

I have an 9 year old Thinkpad, which is still working well, but when I connected an external HD monitor, streaming video was often freezing. Especially annoying when watching sports, when in the middle of an exciting game, the video freezes.

I have tried several Linux distros but only MX Linux 21.1 KDE Wildflower made watching streaming video on an external HD monitor watchable again with my 9 year old Thinkpad. Really pleased with that!

But I have also learned that there is a limit to what a 9 year old CPU can handle when it comes to streaming video to an external monitor. My T430 Thinkpad can handle streaming video very well on it's own small (NOT HD) screen, but I was oblvious to the fact that it takes a lot of cpu power (near 100% power and 80C temperature) to run video smoothly on an external monitor. Lesson learned :)

Perhaps the Xfce version of MX Linux will perform video streaming even better!?

Return to “Success Stories”