Another free conky...

Here you can exchange scripts that you created or have permission to share with other users.
AVLinux

Re: Another free conky...

#31 Post by AVLinux »

A little side note for Openbox/Fluxbox folks who may care...

Thanks to @manyroads introducing me to the fun and zany world of Glyphs I thought I'd take a swing at my Openbox menu and by gum they also work there! Fun stuff!
I do wish there was an MX Linux Glyph in the Nerd Fonts but I'm sure one will get there eventually..
OB-Glyph.png
Now back to our original Conky programming...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

siamhie

#32 Post by siamhie »

AVLinux wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:08 pm OK... I can't leave this thing alone... somebody stop me!! 9_9

I added a line for wired internet as my machine uses both Wired and Wireless but I'm not sure what info that should print... maybe up/down speed? Right now it prints my IP address which is OK, do you Conky brainiacs have better suggestions for the wired line? This is what I have so far:

Code: Select all

${voffset 0}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=10}Wired: ${font Hack Nerd Font:size=10}${color}${alignr}${if_up eth0}${addr eth0}${font}
I downloaded @manyroads i3wm conky and tweaked the dwm-2rc conky and added a WWW section that has download/upload speed monitoring and bar graphs. Once you start down the conky rabbit hole, there's no coming back. ;)

${voffset 0}${goto 30}${color2}${font Hack Nerd Font:size=11}WWW  ${font Roboto:size=11}${color2}${goto 135}D: ${color}${downspeed wlan1}${color1}${alignr}\
${goto 180}${color2}${goto 215}U: ${color} ${color}${upspeed wlan1}${color}
${goto 135}${downspeedgraph wlan1 15,70 000000 00FF00}${goto 215}${upspeedgraph wlan1 15,70 000000 FFBF00}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is my Fluxbox . There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Fluxbox is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Fluxbox is useless. Without my Fluxbox, I am useless.

AVLinux

#33 Post by AVLinux »

Nice work siamhie!

I did finally figure out displaying the speeds but I like the graphs, very cool!

siamhie

#34 Post by siamhie »

AVLinux wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:01 pm Nice work siamhie!

I did finally figure out displaying the speeds but I like the graphs, very cool!
Thanks AVL. I've bookmarked this site to use as a reference point when tweaking my conky's. What's nice is there are example's provided for the variables you work with.

Casey's Conky Reference with Examples
http://ifxgroup.net/conky.htm
This is my Fluxbox . There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Fluxbox is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Fluxbox is useless. Without my Fluxbox, I am useless.

AVLinux

#35 Post by AVLinux »

siamhie wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:29 pm
AVLinux wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:01 pm Nice work siamhie!

Thanks AVL. I've bookmarked this site to use as a reference point when tweaking my conky's. What's nice is there are example's provided for the variables you work with.

Casey's Conky Reference with Examples
http://ifxgroup.net/conky.htm
Great link! Lots of good info there! Thanks!

manyroads

#36 Post by manyroads »

For additional rat-hole fun @siamhie & @AVLinux There is always Weather :island: ... using wttr.in :eek:

${goto 40}$hr
${voffset 5}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Weather ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${alignr}${execi 12 (curl wttr.in/80116?format="%u+%p+%w+%t+%c")}
${voffset 0}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Vol. ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${alignr}${execi 2 pamixer --get-volume-human}
${voffset 0}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Swap ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${alignr}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${swap}/ ${swapfree}
${voffset 0}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Disk ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${alignr}${fs_used /home/mark} of ${fs_size /home/mark} / ${fs_used_perc /home/mark}%
${voffset 0}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Wifi ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${alignr}${wireless_essid wlan0} ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%${font}
${voffset 0}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Dropbox ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${alignr}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${exec dropbox status | sed -n 1p | tr -d "\"\`'" } 
${goto 40}$hr
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

siamhie

#37 Post by siamhie »

@manyroads Is this your zip code?

wttr.in/80116
When I change that number to my zip code (97116) it displays the wrong temperature (shows 84 degrees but it's currently 59 degrees.

manyroads

#38 Post by manyroads »

siamhie wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:28 pm @manyroads Is this your zip code?

wttr.in/80116
When I change that number to my zip code (97116) it displays the wrong temperature (shows 84 degrees but it's currently 59 degrees.
Yes that's my zip... try this for yours instead:

curl wttr.in/Forest+Grove
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

siamhie

#39 Post by siamhie »

manyroads wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:31 pm
siamhie wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:28 pm @manyroads Is this your zip code?

wttr.in/80116
Yes that's my zip... try this for yours instead:

curl wttr.in/Forest+Grove
OK, that worked. Question about the variables ("%u+%p+%w+%t+%c"). I'm guessing p is for pressure, w is for wind and t for temperature. What does %u and %c suppose to show? I have an up arrow in front of wind and an up arrow after the temperature.

siamhie

#40 Post by siamhie »

siamhie wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 pm
OK, that worked. Question about the variables ("%u+%p+%w+%t+%c"). I'm guessing p is for pressure, w is for wind and t for temperature. What does %u and %c suppose to show? I have an up arrow in front of wind and an up arrow after the temperature.
Found my answer while searching DDG for "How to add wttr.in to .conkyrc".

First the variables that wttr.in uses. https://wttr.in/:help

Now as far as my search goes, I came across this post https://github.com/chubin/wttr.in/issues/118 and I've changed my weather section from this

${voffset 5}${goto 40}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Weather ${font FontAwesome:size=11}${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${alignr}${execi 12 (curl wttr.in/80116?format="%u+%p+%w+%t+%c")}
to this

${voffset 5}${goto 30}${color2}${font Roboto:size=11}Weather ${font FontAwesome:size=11} 
${font Roboto:size=11}${color}${texeci 600 curl -s wttr.in | sed -n '3,7{s/\d27\[[0-9;]*m//g;s/^..//;s/ *$//;p}'}
and this is the result
210930_172953.png
I'd like for it to display is like this (with all the information lined up)
prompt.jpg
So I guess I'll man sed and see if I can get conky to display the weather like it does from a terminal.

Return to “Scripts”