MX Fluxbox Screenshots

Help for MX Fluxbox
When asking for help, use Quick System Info from MX Tools. It will be properly formatted using the following steps.
1. Click on Quick System Info in MX Tools
2. Right click in your post and paste.
siamhie

Re: MX Fluxbox Screenshots

#921 Post by siamhie »

Here's a preview of a new feature available in the upcoming MX-23 fluxbox. Struts

Code: Select all

*session.screen0.struts*: 'integer', 'integer', 'integer', 'integer'::
Shrink the workspace by left, right, top, bottom pixels (positive integers)
This allows you to add some padding to the workspace eg. to keep a fraction
of the desktop visible against maximized windows.
session.screen0.struts.<n> allows to control this for individual heads
(<n> starts counting at 1)
+
Default: *0,0,0,0*

Here is my default maximized window.

Now here is the same maximized window with a 50 pixel border. (bottom variable 85 is to account for my tint2 panel height)

This is my Fluxbox . There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Fluxbox is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Fluxbox is useless. Without my Fluxbox, I am useless.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#922 Post by Jerry3904 »

Knew the word but not what it actually was supposed to do. Thanks for the images--gonna have to try that sometime.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

siamhie

#923 Post by siamhie »

Jerry3904 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:26 am Knew the word but not what it actually was supposed to do. Thanks for the images--gonna have to try that sometime.

@Jerry3904 I honestly don't remember which patches were applied since alpha two was released
but I think this variable could be beneficial to those with lower resolution monitors (1024x768) or maybe the odd sizing (1280x960).
This is my Fluxbox . There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Fluxbox is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Fluxbox is useless. Without my Fluxbox, I am useless.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#924 Post by Jerry3904 »

How nice to see the Papirus icons (including Melber's new MXPI one) on the desktop instead of the old Moka ones!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB

i_ri

#925 Post by i_ri »

Hello JayM and Everyone
The small piece of desktop reserved for right-click rootmenu also like a hot corner, when it has hiding full launcher dock with push mouse to edge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i_ri

#926 Post by i_ri »

mx dock hiding does work on a margin set [to 76] on the same edge. hide, unhide. strut [76. The Places menu edge.] ok.
and idesk

ceeslans

#927 Post by ceeslans »

It's been 10 years or so, since Linus Torvalds' hilarious flipping-off nvidia. Found a nice vector background, hidden somewhere in my wallpaper archive.

In anticipation of MX32 beta2/rc/final, started to customize mxflux, mainly to check compatibility of some tint2 executors and favorite applications (like FSearch; I managed to install this okay, but hope it will reach the official repos soon).
Debian bookworm seems more memory-hungry than bullseye. Even after trimming down the number of startup entries, it consumes ~100Mb more than its predecessor. Admittedly, picom uses more memory than compton, but it's version 9 now offers visually-pleasing rounding of corners - I like that very much. Also, pipewire and its co-apps seem to increase the memory-level. Some volume-related tint2 executors needed a few changes, to correct the obsolete 'pacmd' commands.
Also I'm using an alternative update-notifier script, that runs 5 minutes after login, then shows a dunst notification about (non)available upgrades.
'Date-time' conky made by me, obviously inspired by the Cowon conky.

Sony Vaio VPCF23P (2010), Intel Core i7-2670, 6gb RAM, 240GB SSD, MX23 based Fluxbox 1.3.7+

Jerry3904
Administrator

#928 Post by Jerry3904 »

I like it...would even if I didn't know who that was or what it was about...
1) are you changing the executors we have from you?
2) a square simple conky might make a good add to the MX collection if you were interested.

i_ri

#929 Post by i_ri »

hello
idesk

Freja
Developer

#930 Post by Freja »

ceeslans wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:01 am 'Date-time' conky made by me, obviously inspired by the Cowon conky.

Jerry3904 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:15 am I like it...would even if I didn't know who that was or what it was about...
1) are you changing the executors we have from you?
2) a square simple conky might make a good add to the MX collection if you were interested.
I agree with Jerry3904. Your made Conky is attractive new Conky. :eek:
Maybe everyone will like it.
:number1:

By all means I want to see your made Conky's "Gilroy font free" version.
Its maybe more cool one.

Gilroy font free Download page (New MX logo splash boot animation's font)
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/gilroy
CHUWI LarkBook 8GB 13inch M.2 SSD

...Like a light of the sun and moon,
it removes the darkness in the world.
From “The Book of the Divine King” (Lotus Sutra)

Return to “MX Fluxbox Official Release”