Welcome!

The kernel problem with recent updates has been solved. Find the solution here

Important information
-- Required MX 15/16 Repository Changes
-- Information on torrent hosting changes
-- Information on MX15/16 GPG Keys
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities

News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Gnome-Hearts (Solved)

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19825
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Gnome-Hearts

#11

Post by Stevo » Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Crisis possibly adverted. It's in the gnome-games flatpak, according to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comment ... ora_repos/

I'll see if that Qt Hearts can be packaged.

User avatar
asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 4937
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:37 am

Re: Gnome-Hearts

#12

Post by asqwerth » Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Stevo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 pm
Crisis possibly adverted. It's in the gnome-games flatpak, according to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comment ... ora_repos/

I'll see if that Qt Hearts can be packaged.
Since the OP is hoping to run it in Arch or a newer version of Debian or Ubuntu, the gnome-games flatpak would help. Packaging Qt Hearts for MX 17/18/Stretch won't help him.

I'm guessing packaging Qt Hearts will be more of a priority when MX19/Buster comes into the picture, since gnome-hearts will no longer work there.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

User avatar
supusr
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: Gnome-Hearts (Solved)

#13

Post by supusr » Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 am

Stevo, asqwerth, and all others who commented, thanks for the discussion/information. I understand the situation now. I will go back to MX for now so my wife can enjoy the game a little longer, and will await the possible resolution of this issue in future versions of debian/mx/buntu, or maybe even arch/antergos. The availability of this old-school game is certainly not a big issue in the overall scheme of things (not a crisis), but maybe just the knowledge that some people do enjoy gnome-hearts will motivate those capable of maintaining it to continue the effort. I'll mark this as solved for now, as a possible resolution probably just requires time. Thanks again.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19825
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Gnome-Hearts (Solved)

#14

Post by Stevo » Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm

The gnome-games flatpak is supposed to provide gnome-hearts on all the newer distros, so experimenting on those would help provide an answer. I don't think they have as easy a flatpak installer as MX, though. I didn't check to see if there are any snap packages.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19825
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Gnome-Hearts (Solved)

#15

Post by Stevo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:20 pm

I did package that Qt Hearts game. It doesn't support full screen or scaling up the card size, however.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17HD2L ... tVhqWtMYTK

User avatar
supusr
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: Gnome-Hearts (Solved)

#16

Post by supusr » Sat May 18, 2019 10:13 am

Stevo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm
The gnome-games flatpak is supposed to provide gnome-hearts on all the newer distros, so experimenting on those would help provide an answer. I don't think they have as easy a flatpak installer as MX, though. I didn't check to see if there are any snap packages.
OK. Thank-you.

User avatar
supusr
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: Gnome-Hearts (Solved)

#17

Post by supusr » Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 am

Stevo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:20 pm
I did package that Qt Hearts game. It doesn't support full screen or scaling up the card size, however.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17HD2L ... tVhqWtMYTK
I'll check it out. Thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “Software / Configuration”