Welcome!
Important information
-- Required MX 15/16 Repository Changes
-- Information on torrent hosting changes
-- Information on MX15/16 GPG Keys
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities

News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.2 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

User avatar
richb
Administrator
Posts: 18671
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#11

Post by richb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Stevo wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm
The cursor theme is in a separate "la-capitaine-cursor-theme" package; perhaps Gerson thought it was part of the icon theme. Can any one test the install?
The cursor theme installed without problem and shows in the Theme tab of the Mouse Settings.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 18.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

User avatar
manyroads
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#12

Post by manyroads » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Stevo wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm
The cursor theme is in a separate "la-capitaine-cursor-theme" package; perhaps Gerson thought it was part of the icon theme. Can any one test the install?
@stevo, I just installed from mxpi and la-capitaine-cursor-theme works for me.... But then my mom always said I was special. :p
"Don't believe everything you think."
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
MX-18 5.0.0-16.1-liquorix-amd64-smp x86_64
Dell Latitude E5470
Intel i5-6300U (-MT MCP-)
Mem: 24GB SSD: 978.09 GB
Reg. Linux User #449130

User avatar
Gerson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#13

Post by Gerson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm

I re-installed the theme "La Capitaine" but I can not find the theme for the cursors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

User avatar
asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 4443
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:37 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#14

Post by asqwerth » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Gerson wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm
I re-installed the theme "La Capitaine" but I can not find the theme for the cursors.
Aha! Now I see what happened.

The icons and cursors come in 2 separate packages.

Search for "capitaine" without the "la" in Test Repo.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19062
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#15

Post by Stevo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Gerson wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm
I re-installed the theme "La Capitaine" but I can not find the theme for the cursors.
It's called "la-capitaine-cursor-theme", and is currently in the test repo, but will soon be moved to main.

Try

Code: Select all

apt policy la-capitaine-cursor-theme
to see if you've installed it.

User avatar
Gerson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#16

Post by Gerson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

It was not installed, so I looked it up in the test repository and installed it, I'm already enjoying it. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

User avatar
asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 4443
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:37 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#17

Post by asqwerth » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:20 am

Gerson wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm
It was not installed, so I looked it up in the test repository and installed it, I'm already enjoying it. Thank you.
Good, looks like it does work.

I like the colourful "Working" spinning ball that appears....
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

User avatar
asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 4443
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:37 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#18

Post by asqwerth » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:25 am

Adrian wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm
I wonder if we can add screenshot for the icons sets, description of icons don't really cut it, in MXPI if you click on (i) it should show package info and screenshot if available, if we can stick a number of screenshots on a site that we control we can add the URL to the MXPI definitions.
I know some devs include preview picture files in their icon package (as can be seen on their respective git pages as well).

Since MX does package everything in the dev's icon set, I wonder if it's possible for MXPI to find and display any picture file that appears in the main folder of an icon package?
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

User avatar
Gerson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#19

Post by Gerson » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 am

Paso estas dos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

User avatar
Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9855
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#20

Post by Adrian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 am

asqwerth wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:25 am
Adrian wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm
I wonder if we can add screenshot for the icons sets, description of icons don't really cut it, in MXPI if you click on (i) it should show package info and screenshot if available, if we can stick a number of screenshots on a site that we control we can add the URL to the MXPI definitions.
I know some devs include preview picture files in their icon package (as can be seen on their respective git pages as well).

Since MX does package everything in the dev's icon set, I wonder if it's possible for MXPI to find and display any picture file that appears in the main folder of an icon package?
MXPI can display pictures from websites or local, but the URL needs to be specified in MXPI-pkglist

Post Reply

Return to “Community Repository (CR)”