News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-18 Final release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.3 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

The Good/Bad Old Days

Here you can just talk about MEPIS or post interesting topics about what you have done in MEPIS that you want to share with others.
timkb4cq
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: The Good/Bad Old Days

Post by timkb4cq » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Very early in the programs I typed out in that way on my ZX-81 & later on the C=64, were disassembler programs so a) I could see why the other programs weren't running & b) Modify some software to support my printer.
MSI 970A-G43 MB, AMD FX-6300 (six core), 16GB RAM, GeForce 730, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB

Jules
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: The Good/Bad Old Days

Post by Jules » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:37 pm

In the late 70s I worked on a Compupro. Z80 cpu, and 64 k of ram!!! Running CP/M 2.2. Software I used: dBase II, Supercalc, and Wordstar. Those were the days. Still get nightmares about: Bdos Error on A: The "famous" error code.... Did some Mbasic an later on tried Turbo pascal. But then MicroSoft killed CP/M. Bought myselfs a ZX80 later.
at the office they went to PC/MSDos. Took me about 3 years before I had a PC compatible(El Cheapo) at home. Started with Windows 2.03 till Windows 10. Got rid of it somewhere in october last year. So here I am. Good old days.... :-)
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard disk???

Return to “Community Fun”